No announcement yet.

26th December - Boxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon the exodus begins easily by the 20th. Lots of people living in Australia have family overseas and want to go and spend Xmas with them. The fact its a feast of Christian origin could be irrelevant as their employer might shut the business down, so it's the longest period of time available to them to go visit family and the kids don't have school. The day or so before the 25th might even be busier than Boxing Day.

Xmas Day itself might initially be in less demand as a departure date so they leave a few more seats on flights in lower fare buckets, but once people go to book closer to the holidays and the economic reality of departing on their ideal day starts to kick in, the $ yield for SQ may well be lower on certain days compared with others but every seat is taken, every day, regardless. Status passengers will get upgraded to fill every last inch of space in Y. I've even been upgraded after I've boarded the flight just to squish a couple more in. They can extract more for that last seat in Y from a desperate would-be passenger than they could have for the PEY seat I get moved to. It's often a domino thing too- that PEY seat once had a guy gathering up his stuff to move to J.

Comment

Thanks guys. Does sq normally upgrade pax? Also do they upgrade 2 class or normally only 1 class upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by k3nnis View Post
        Thanks guys. Does sq normally upgrade pax? Also do they upgrade 2 class or normally only 1 class upgrade?
        Dear k3nnis,

From my experience, SQ does upgrade pax (only ever one class), but only when the class is 100% full. Priority is usually given to high level frequent flyers and single passengers.

I could be wrong, but looking at load factors out of Sydney on 26 December:
        - SQ212 has 0 First, 6 Business, 0 Premium, 0 Economy
        - SQ232 has 1 First, plenty of Business, 3 Premium, 0 Economy
        - SQ222 has 1 First, plenty of Business, 1 Premium, 0 Economy
        - SQ242 has 0 First, plenty of Business, 5 Premium, 0 Economy

25 December has more availability.

As mentioned by "Metropolitan Airlines" above, 22 December is also a heavily booked day to depart.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Wow first class looks full and PE as well. Looks like SQ212 will have some upgrades from Y or even PE to J?

Comment

Working...
          X