New service timings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New service timings?

Currently onboard SQ318 (SIN-LHR), today I had a bizarre meal service which the crew says this is the timing they have been instructed to commence service.

Data point : Flight time of 13hr 20mins. Full lunch course served 2 hours after takeoff (2:30pm Sin time), another 4 hours later (6:30pm Sin time), the cabin was woken up for dinner service. And thereafter, 6.5 hours with no active service. That’s too much food for the first 7 hours and nothing thereafter (although delectables are available on demand).

Is this the new norm for European Daytime flights? Anybody have similar experience recently on SQ318/326? Are they commencing meal service based on port of origin timing?
    Last edited by Tonitan; 20 November 2019, 12:33 AM.

Flew SQ318 in August this year and it was lunch after takeoff and dinner 2.5hrs before landing. Albeit it was in Business.

I think for Economy, the service timings was as what was described and been in place for many years.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Thanks YCP81,I apologise for not being specific. The service class is J,the F cabin lights on for service about 2 hours before landing (I’m on 11K) abeit F has dine on demand so it’s not a true reflection of change,if there is any. By the time I reached the hotel at Hyde park at 830pm UK time,it’s a good 9 hours since I last had a bite and I’m absolutely famished.
      If there is indeed a change in the service time,it’s definitely not ideal (especially travellers with onward connections). I have 2 colleagues on SQ326 tomorrow and I will report back if their meal service time has been adjusted as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
        Currently onboard SQ318 (SIN-LHR), today I had a bizarre meal service which the crew says this is the timing they have been instructed to commence service.

Data point : Flight time of 13hr 20mins. Full lunch course served 2 hours after takeoff (2:30pm Sin time), another 4 hours later (6:30pm Sin time), the cabin was woken up for dinner service. And thereafter, 6.5 hours with no active service. That’s too much food for the first 7 hours and nothing thereafter (although delectables are available on demand).

Is this the new norm for European Daytime flights? Anybody have similar experience recently on SQ318/326? Are they commencing meal service based on port of origin timing?
        I had the same experience a couple of times in J this year on SQ318 and the crew said it was because the SQ318 service roster is Service Rest Service Rest. Whereas, for example, for SQ308, it is Service Rest Rest Service.

Had same experience back in 2017 also on SQ318.

Comment

Perhaps SQ thinks that's the passenger preference, as they want to sleep/rest at "night" time.
          visit my blog

Comment

Not for all European flights, just tweaks for some of the LHR flights.

What has changed is :

SQ305 LHR-SIN
            SQ308 SIN-LHR
            SQ318 SIN-LHR

These will all be : Meal-Break-Meal-Break. The rest stay as they are : Meal-Rest-Rest-Meal.

SQ305 and SQ308 swapped a while ago, SQ318 was changed in October.

SQ326, the day flight to FRA, stays they same. It just the PITA Kanagroo Route pax who have had the change.

Comment

Has anyone tried to ask for the second meal to be delayed for them. I know SQ does not do meals on demand as an option (except in F) but I have had some success saying that I would prefer to eat later.

Especially on flights to AUS where the main meal on the day flights is 1 hour out of SIN, not long after breakfast in the airport.

I think J meals on demand is a great option as I always want to time my meal(s) to city of arrival.

Comment

Working...
              X