SilkAir and Busan (PUS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
    This is actually not uncommon, with airlines such as COPA of Panama, or Norwegian Air, regularly having flights lasting 7, 8, or even 9 hours. I believe the current longest narrowbody flight is almost 10 hours long.
    Yeah I did 6 hours in a CA A320 and again on return as a redeye. It helped that the plane wasn't full I'd have to admit. The alternative would've been two narrowbody flights connecting at a somewhat undesirable airport, so I saw it as by far the better option.

Comment

It's a pity the flight isn't leaving SIN on a Sunday night, ready to start work Monday morning.

Then, need to wait a couple of years more for lie-flat seats up front.

Comment

Given a choice and alternative, I would not want to fly for 6 hours plus in a narow body 738/739, although it can fly for just under 8 hours.
        Last edited by flyguy; 18 March 2019, 03:06 PM.

Comment

What’s going to happen with the upcoming launch of flights to PUS given the grounding of the MAX? I’m guessing the NG version will have to be used to start this service or do they delay the launch all together?

“The new service will be operated with Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft, which feature both Business and Economy Class cabins.”

Comment

Does the NG have the range to do Busan?

Maybe it will be load restricted.

Comment

Hiroshima is being done by the NG with weight restrictions, I believe.
              an infrastructure geek

Comment

MI876|01MAY (SIN-PUS) was operated by a 738NG (9V-MGM) presumably with payload restriction.
                Last edited by Not You; 3 May 2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

It's odd that i checked dates in July on the SQ website and could only get flights through Seoul.

Noted CNA Article noted:

"The airline said in a press release that the Singapore-Busan route will be served four times weekly, departing Singapore on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays."

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...oeing-11495994

Rechecking, somebody must be wrong because i couldn't get a Sunday departure flight.
                  Last edited by scooby5; 2 May 2019, 02:30 PM. Reason: Found a reporting/site error

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                    It's odd that i checked dates in July on the SQ website and could only get flights through Seoul.

Noted CNA Article noted:

"The airline said in a press release that the Singapore-Busan route will be served four times weekly, departing Singapore on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays."

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...oeing-11495994

Rechecking, somebody must be wrong because i couldn't get a Sunday departure flight.
                    SQ press release show 1/3/5/6 departure from Singapore.

Comment

I tried to book for August but cannot.
                      Then I tried to book for Nov, can.
                      So I think the flight in August may be full already.

Comment

Working...
                      X