Lufthansa this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lufthansa this week

I just flew into MUC via FRA on LH A380 Premium Y. A pretty good way to get from SIN to Europe overall, and a very interesting PE product concept. Will post a TR on this later.

What is interesting is that I flew in on Sep 6, and will fly out on Sep 10.

Turns out LH longhaul is on a 24 hour strike today Sep 8, and short/medium haul is on strike on Sep 9.

Thankfully those are both days I am not flying! But I didn't realize I was taking such a big risk of disruption when I booked my tickets.

Hopefully there isn't a spillover effect when I fly out on Sep 10 (in regular Y).

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
    I just flew into MUC via FRA on LH A380 Premium Y. A pretty good way to get from SIN to Europe overall, and a very interesting PE product concept. Will post a TR on this later.

What is interesting is that I flew in on Sep 6, and will fly out on Sep 10.

Turns out LH longhaul is on a 24 hour strike today Sep 8, and short/medium haul is on strike on Sep 9.

Thankfully those are both days I am not flying! But I didn't realize I was taking such a big risk of disruption when I booked my tickets.

Hopefully there isn't a spillover effect when I fly out on Sep 10 (in regular Y).
    MUC is not a bad place to be stuck in unless you're heading back to SIN to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      MUC is not a bad place to be stuck in unless you're heading back to SIN to vote.
      Munich is a great place to spend time in! But that is exactly the reason I have to head back to SIN that day...

Comment

Yeah Lufthansa strikes are pretty common it seems.
        Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

I got caught out by this with my flight to the US cancelled. But one quick conversation and they got me on a United flight.

Unfortunately United business class really is crap but at least I got to where I needed to be on time.

Comment

No delays for me today. Did my MUC-FRA on schedule, and I am currently on LH778 FRA-SIN, on time, which means I get to vote after I land at 4pm.

They are so organized here in Germany. Tuesday was the long haul strike (Glad you managed to fly out on United, Lobster!). Wednesday was short and medium haul. And on Thursday, everything is running like clockwork again...

Posting this courtesy of EUR 17 flat rate 24 hrs unlimited data inflight wifi

Comment

Yflyer yr one additional vote may yet be decisive 😀

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
                Yflyer yr one additional vote may yet be decisive 😀
                We will find out tonight!

Comment

Very surprising GE results to say the least.

Comment

see what yflyer has accomplished by rushing back

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
                      see what yflyer has accomplished by rushing back
                      I can see which side of the political divide you lean on.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                        I can see which side of the political divide you lean on.
                        the Singapore side

Comment

Another friend of mine, with quite different political views, also rushed back to Singapore on another flight, and cast his vote with just minutes to spare.

Our efforts probably cancelled each other out...

Comment

Working...
                          X