UA1/2 Dreamliner Non-stop to San Francisco in Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, just want to ask something.

I'll be arriving at SF in the morning, but can only check in to hotel in the afternoon.

Is there any place I can store my luggage, while I shop in the city area (other than hotel, because it's not really on the way)?

Comment

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post

I'll be arriving at SF in the morning, but can only check in to hotel in the afternoon.

Is there any place I can store my luggage, while I shop in the city area (other than hotel, because it's not really on the way)?
      It's on the SFO website:

http://www.flysfo.com/faqs

Airport Travel Agency apparently will store bags nowadays. (We got rid of everything after 9/11, but slowly, things appear to be coming back.)
      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        It's on the SFO website:

http://www.flysfo.com/faqs

Airport Travel Agency apparently will store bags nowadays. (We got rid of everything after 9/11, but slowly, things appear to be coming back.)
        Oh but how much is it by the way? Hopefully not too expensive.

Edit: Seems like it's between $30 to $35 for my 26" luggage.

Comment

Oh but how much is it by the way? Hopefully not too expensive.

Edit: Seems like it's between $30 to $35 for my 26" luggage.
          Glad you and Google have met. Keep in touch with him.
          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            Glad you and Google have met. Keep in touch with him.
            Unfortunately, I'm still looking for cheaper alternatives, butvoh well something is better than nothing.

And ya, I use Dr Google when I'm coding.

Comment

I've previously had success asking luggage services at the Hyatt Regency SF to store my bag with a generous tip "prior to departure". It's pretty convenient, right outside the Embarcadero BART stop.

Comment

Wonder if there's any impact on this non-stop.

Boeing 787 range capped by FAA following Rolls engine glitch
                Apr. 16, 2018 12:48 PM ET|About: The Boeing Company (BA)|By: Carl Surran, SA News Editor
                Boeing (BA +0.6%) 787 planes equipped with potentially faulty Rolls-Royce engines face restrictions on how far they can fly following a new ruling by the Federal Aviation Administration.

The measure restricts the planes from operating more than 140 minutes from a diversionary airport, down from 330 minutes currently, the FAA says, adding that ~14 U.S. planes are affected.

The European Aviation Safety Agency last week ordered extra maintenance checks on certain Trent 1000 engines after durability issues afflicting blades were worse than first thought.

The FAA says the engine involves “an unsafe condition” requiring the “immediate adoption” of new rules but will be re-assessed once Rolls-Royce has presented a fix for the fault.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                  Wonder if there's any impact on this non-stop.
                  Thankfully no impact, as this affects only RR engines...whereas UA 787-9's use General Electric GEnx engines.

Hope RR sorts this out though.

Comment

You can always register with front desk and have your luggage safe keep by hotel. Return in afternoon or evening to complete the check in and get the room key.

Comment

I know it's late but I really enjoyed the TR yflyer. I had a friend of mine fly this route while going (SFO-SIN) and he really got bored and had mixed reactions about the seat in terms of space.

Great pics of SFO. There's definitely more than just SF you should see in the Bay Area; San Jose, Berkeley, San Mateo, Foster City just to name a few.

Hope I will fly a 787 domestic route one day. I found out one of UA's routes is IAD-SFO so I might think about trying it when I get to visit home again in the future.

Comment

So enjoyable to re-read this trip report.

Thanks ++++, yflyer for all your TRs!!

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                          I know it's late but I really enjoyed the TR yflyer. I had a friend of mine fly this route while going (SFO-SIN) and he really got bored and had mixed reactions about the seat in terms of space.

Great pics of SFO. There's definitely more than just SF you should see in the Bay Area; San Jose, Berkeley, San Mateo, Foster City just to name a few.

Hope I will fly a 787 domestic route one day. I found out one of UA's routes is IAD-SFO so I might think about trying it when I get to visit home again in the future.
                          Thanks, SQfanatic!

More and more 787's around these days, I am sure the opportunity will present itself!

Yes a lot more to the Bay Area than SF...I do find myself in San Jose/Santa Clara once in a while, but I haven't really had the opportunity to explore the city yet. Watch this space!

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                          So enjoyable to re-read this trip report.

Thanks ++++, yflyer for all your TRs!!
                          Thanks for reading them, KC*! If you enjoyed this one, I think you might like the next one in the works!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                            Thanks, SQfanatic!

More and more 787's around these days, I am sure the opportunity will present itself!

Yes a lot more to the Bay Area than SF...I do find myself in San Jose/Santa Clara once in a while, but I haven't really had the opportunity to explore the city yet. Watch this space!

Thanks for reading them, KC*! If you enjoyed this one, I think you might like the next one in the works!
                            Santa Clara and San Jose are great places and so is visiting Oakland, Hayward, Fremont, Palo Alto and so on. I hope one day BART will really open the San Jose stations this year or next which will definitely make getting to your destinations easier (depending on where you wanna go).

Comment

Working...
                            X