SQ A330 Withdrawal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jonleong View Post
    I know everyone, including myself, will be glad to see the A330s replaced with newer planes.

However, I must say that the A330s have served me very well in 3 areas:

(1) 2 pax travelling in Y - each couple with their own window seat

(2) 2 pax travelling in J - each couple with their own window seat

(3) Travelling with toddler in J - the space in the first row allows your kid to roam about in a confined zone
    Agreed, I know my brother and his family will miss them. Two adults travelling with 2 children in Y have a difficult seating choice in a 3-3-3 layout, which will probably soon be all flights between MEL and Japan. Putting the two kids in the middle of 4 seats was perfect.

Comment

• 9V-STA was flown from SIN-QPG (Paya Lebar Air Base) yesterday (13JUL18) as SQ8893.
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Is one of the ex SQ A330 sold to CI. Flew CI923 on 12 Jul in J and the seats were rather similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
          Is one of the ex SQ A330 sold to CI. Flew CI923 on 12 Jul in J and the seats were rather similar.
          None of them are. CI’s newer batch of A330s (18356 onwards) just happen to have a similar cabin fitout to the SQ ones including the J seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
            9V-STA was flown from SIN-QPG (Paya Lebar Air Base) yesterday (13JUL18) as SQ8893.
            Interesting, any idea why?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
              Interesting, any idea why?
              Probably maintenance.

Comment

• STA is one of the oldest A330 and is almost 10 years old and it should be undergoing some mantenance and possibily repainting before handling off to airbus or another carrier.

Comment

• Is STA leaving the fleet? Its last revenue flight was on July 8th.

Comment

• 9V-STB was flown from SIN-QPG (Paya Lebar Air Base) today (13AUG18) as SQ8893.

Due for Brussels Airlines as OO-SFG, according to Planespotters.net

Comment

• bizarre schedule of A330 departures.

there's still STC & STO & STR clinging on in the fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                        bizarre schedule of A330 departures.

there's still STC & STO & STR clinging on in the fleet.
                        as well as STQ. We’ll see two more of these leave by the end of the 2018/19 financial year, giving a fleet of 17 A330s by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                          as well as STQ. We’ll see two more of these leave by the end of the 2018/19 financial year, giving a fleet of 17 A330s by then.
                          Oh yeah what happened to STQ? Hasn’t flown for quite a Long time...since May if I recall. Normally If they’re leaving the fleet they’ll depart within a month or two. 3 months sounds more like a D check.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                            Oh yeah what happened to STQ? Hasn’t flown for quite a Long time...since May if I recall. Normally If they’re leaving the fleet they’ll depart within a month or two. 3 months sounds more like a D check.
                            It does but judging by the number of A330's in this forum, it sounds like some of them are to leave the fleet soon. The 787-10 and regional A350's are being delivered so it would make sense to replace some A333's. The other thing that comes to mind is the lease of the A333

Comment

• 9V-STQ is scheduled to depart on an air-test at 1400 LT as SQ8894 today (18AUG18).

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                                9V-STQ is scheduled to depart on an air-test at 1400 LT as SQ8894 today (18AUG18).
                                Yes, as per flightradar24 it did a quick 1:12hr SIN-SIN air-test.

Comment

Working...
                                X