18th June 2010 (LD#6 or mini-DO) [SIN]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
    "Tau Hway Chwee with Grass Jelly" to be more exact. We can go to crabby place (aka Famous Crab King) in Toa Payoh Lorong Eight. Will be happy to organize for a seafood and non-seafood place. They serve Pepper King Crab and Chilli Crab.

I know the Restaurant Manager personally. Let me know if the restaurant is fine and will do the necessary arrangements.

One possibility is to meet at Braddell MRT. I have transport to take four SQTalkers.
    I think I know where you are referring to and I can meet you guys there straight... Swee swee no run water..
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
      I think I know where you are referring to and I can meet you guys there straight... Swee swee no run water..
      Ok. Swee swee (Beautiful beautiful).

Suggested Menu from our Panel of Renowned Coffee Shop Chefs:

Appetisers:

Superior 100% SQ Peanuts....sorry lah cost cutting no more Almond, Hazel nuts, macadamia nuts. If you suffering from nut allergies, please sign indemifying form.

Main Course

1. Giant Garoupa Fish Soup. (Best with Tiger Air Beer)

2. Giant Black Pepper Crab. (Best with Sky Juice)

3. Singapore Chilli Crab. (Best with Coconut Juice from Manado..Thanks MI)

4. Pork Loin Cutlet sauted with SQ XO Sauce.

5. Special Hokkien Noodle. (Done by 4rd Generation KNN Hokkien Chef Ah Tan). His great-grandfather came via XMN (former Amoy) floating on a wooden Junk. No MI on that route in those days.

6. Seafood Toufu with Special SQ Sauce.

7. Sashimi Geoduck. (Sorry got to delete...as Air flown Geoduck from Vancouver no longer available lah as SQ deleted Vancouver from the list of destinations)

8. Drunken Prawns. (Courtesy of Ex-Drunken Aussie Passenger flying between Barcelona and Singapore. He was feeding the prawns with beers while holidaying in Singapore Changi Prison..sorry Changi Villa)

Fruits;

1. Fruit of the Year: Durian. N_Arch might love this thorny affair.

Deserts:

1. Soy Bean drinks with Glass Jelly. Add special attap seed if required.

Service Staff:

Provided by Mandarin Speaking staff in white kebayas...sorry T-Shirts. One of them is sexy and good looking. I think she loves Panda brand cigarettes from the duty free shop.

Cheers,

LionCity

Comment

LionCity, I gotta check this place out!
        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          Huge Al,

If you come, I promise to pay for your share of the food.
          Last edited by LionCity; 22 May 2010, 08:39 PM.

Comment

the planned menu look delicious..... please confirm date.... I have a long trip in June....
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

The Friday dinner is going ahead on the 18th of June (the first post had been updated earlier also to reflect that.

As you can all see, LionCity will be outdoing himself yet again!

Comment

Hi Kyo,

Put me on maybe for this... a sudden trip to Europe might come up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                  Although it does "wonders" for my once-in-a-while-recurring gout!!!
                  In my story-book world, only old English admirals suffer from gout, possibly from their hedonistic lifestyle.

"Tau Hway Chwee with Grass Jelly" to be more exact. We can go to crabby place (aka Famous Crab King) in Toa Payoh Lorong Eight.
                  I didn't know tau hway chwee comes with grass jelly. Is this a new fad? I like both drinks. Someone is so clever to put the two together. Where can I get this drink?

Such a delicious menu. Please organise this again when I'm next in Singapore?

I'm afraid I can't make this Do. Everyone, please enjoy yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                    In my story-book world, only old English admirals suffer from gout, possibly from their hedonistic lifestyle.

I didn't know tau hway chwee comes with grass jelly. Is this a new fad? I like both drinks. Someone is so clever to put the two together. Where can I get this drink?

Such a delicious menu. Please organise this again when I'm next in Singapore?

I'm afraid I can't make this Do. Everyone, please enjoy yourselves.
                    Yes, tau hway chwee with grass jelly if the seller also sell grass jelly. I liked the one in Alexandra Village near the claypot Laksa store.

Will organize one when you make a visit here.

Comment

Great job LionCity, menu looks great, I'm not that crazy on crabs generally but full in for your proposals; what matters most is the company (and I think the food would be great anyway). Love to try Dunan.

Also thanks jjpb3 for the wishes. Pity phaleesy cannot make it this time.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                        Well, pleasure is the only way to go isn't it? Those old sea dogs did know how to enjoy themselves, I must say...
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Wah~! Die Die must attend.....

5. Special Hokkien Noodle. (Done by 4rd Generation KNN Hokkien Chef Ah Tan). His great-grandfather came via XMN (former Amoy) floating on a wooden Junk. No MI on that route in those days.

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          You coming?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            Wah~! Die Die must attend.....

You coming?
                            KNN = Kankan, Nigeria

I have already extended an invitation to the HUGE one who would not deign to holler back

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              You coming?
                              With me, you never know... But you already know the answer to your question.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              I have already extended an invitation to the HUGE one who would not deign to holler back
                              Damn, Kyo+! So it's like THAT, huh? Promise to reply when I clear out my inbox.
                              HUGE AL

Comment

OK I've got my trip planned so please move me up to a definite

Comment

Working...
                                X