Finding a hotel in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    It's next door to the Four Seasons, which means close to the Hyatt as well. It will be very convenient for the Skytrain as Ratchadamri station is bang in front of it.

It says opening 1 December but I can't see that as not only is this Starwood and Thailand (which usually means delays...), but it was in the middle of the red shirt camp so that will have delayed things as well.
    Agreed.

Many thanks, MAN Flyer.
    HUGE AL

Comment

• Four Seasons Free Night Promo

The Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok is enticing travellers to return to the colourful city, and stay a little longer, by offering a complimentary third night, effective immediately until 30 September 2010.

The Stay Longer – Third Night Free package includes a complimentary third night with any two consecutive nights paid, which means that guests have an extra day to explore the sights, sounds and flavours of the city – or, use the extra time to simply relax and unwind.

The package also includes a daily breakfast buffet, and a martini and choice of tapas once per stay at Aqua, the hotel’s outdoor lounge.

With its central location, and very close proximity to all the major shopping malls and business centres, The Four Seasons Bangkok is a popular choice with both business and leisure travellers.

The hotel will also host the 11th Annual World Gourmet Festival between 6 to 12 September 2010. The culinary adventure is one of the most highly anticipated annual events on Bangkok’s social calendar.
      http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news10...sBangkok.shtml

Never stayed here but have eaten in the Italian Restaurant a few times there, mainly due to a fellow SQTalker who seems to live in the place when he is in town.

Comment

• A lot of the big players have or are coming out with specials such as these to 'entice' guests back...

Accor this week launched their promo: triple A|Club points + 500BHT credit, I can also tell you that the staff rates for the same hotels (participating in the promotion: Pullman, M Gallery, Novotel, ibis and All Seasons) in BKK are VERY attractive

Comment

• Honestly, VIE is way overpriced for what it offers.

It used to be worth the odd THB1100++ but at double or triple the prices currently, I'll never be back...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            Honestly, VIE is way overpriced for what it offers.
            Other than the biggest airport in Austria, what's 'VIE' ?

Comment

• G'day MAN FLYER,

VIE are a bunch of hotels in Thailand, BKK (is the only one I can think of at the moment, which really negates the use of the word "bunch", but I digress) and are management contracted to ACCOR under the "M Gallery" brand.
              Last edited by Gunnar Smithsen; 17 July 2010, 05:57 AM.

Comment

• The VIE, as Gunnar Smithsen points out is a hotel in Bangkok rather close to Siam's Discovery Centre. It used to be the site of an old theater, now it's a funky 'hip' hotel. Last year it used to offer competitive prices up to mid-2009 when all of a sudden prices jumped three times. Back during my Accor days it was my regular Friday night 'stay' due to my very late arrival (and due to the proximity to my regular money changer 'Siam Exchange' across the road the following morning, which was my regular routine), it was convenient to get one cheap night's stay (suite upgrades 90% of the time) before switching to the Pullman.

A 100% failure rate of uploading any of my stays and points into A|Club earned them my ire (I had to come back numerous times, and to this day I never received my full points allocation, whereupon I'd have 'earned' A|Club Platinum by now) and contributed to be saying goodbye to the Accor group (mostly). I was so cheesed off I even cancelled my Advantage Plus card this year, despite the relatively good value afforded for the membership fee.

Now, I have to take a taxi further (generally) to the LM where I stay on my Friday night 'stay' where they take good care of me and I'm assured a very good breakfast at Latest Recipe with almost all the front desk staff rather familiar with me and my ultra-late arrivals... they upgraded me into the suite with the round bed the last time, never had that previously, only a regular suite. So, I'm feeling the love there...

Comment

I was so cheesed off I even cancelled my Advantage Plus card this year, despite the relatively good value afforded for the membership fee..
                  Sorry to hear about that mate, but not entirely surprised to hear similar stories to your own - even my own father did the same thing for the same reason and no amount of reasoning with him could change his mind

Comment

• Well I can honestly say I have never even heard of a VIE Hotel!.

On a somewhat related note, the SGS is currently available for THB 3200 for weekend nights in July & August.

Comment

On a somewhat related note, the SGS is currently available for THB 3200 for weekend nights in July & August.
                      Thanks for the tip... I've now booked two stays and will give them another try (put in a good word for me for a suite on your next stay there, would ya? )

Hopefully I get more than the 'meh' room last time...

Comment

Thanks for the tip... I've now booked two stays and will give them another try (put in a good word for me for a suite on your next stay there, would ya? )

Hopefully I get more than the 'meh' room last time...
                        It's all down to the attitude mate, they look after the good 'uns.

When you there ?.

Comment

I couldn't have said it better!
                          HUGE AL

Comment

When you there ?.
                            I'm hoping by "good 'uns" you mean the very frequent repeat stayers... hence me purposely trying to increase my stays from 1 to 3 with them this year...

HUGE AL: Nice to see you chiming in

Comment

I'm hoping by "good 'uns" you mean the very frequent repeat stayers... hence me purposely trying to increase my stays from 1 to 3 with them this year...

HUGE AL: Nice to see you chiming in
                              Well, there hasn't been anything of worth to chime in on for quite a while!

"good 'uns" does not equal frequent repeat stayers.
                              HUGE AL

Comment

• The ones that spend up big in BarSu, then, no doubt...

Comment

Working...
                                X