• Ritz-Carlton to Offer Rewards

Ritz-Carlton to Offer Rewards

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...861298350.html

about bloody time...

Comment

Originally posted by mhadian View Post
      about bloody time...
      +1

Had a feeling this would happen since I've been getting weekly low rate offers around the globe.
      HUGE AL

Comment

Hopefully, four seasons will follow suit!

Comment

Got the e-mail today. At first glance, the program looks pretty piss poor. 30k points for their crappiest hotels; 10 points per USD earned OR 2 miles per USD on just a handful of airlines; Gold and Platinum are not easy gets, however, you can do this by booking meetings onsite -- which I haven't seen others do on the surface.

Curious to see what the peanut gallery has to say as well.
          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            the program looks pretty piss poor.
            +1...

Looking at the website now. 50 nights for mid-tier "Gold" and to get comp in-room internet... Upgrades but NOT to Suites and Club level rooms.

75 nights (!!) for "Platinum"... And still no mention of upgrades to Suites or Club level rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              +1...

Looking at the website now. 50 nights for mid-tier "Gold" and to get comp in-room internet... Upgrades but NOT to Suites and Club level rooms.

75 nights (!!) for "Platinum"... And still no mention of upgrades to Suites or Club level rooms.
              milehighj, you make some excellent points. I mean, I could even be OK with no suites if we could get Club Level granted... I think the dumb@ss beancounters at RC really think they're above a loyalty program...let alone a respectable one. This program could easily be on the bottom of the barrel.

I keep saying, "When the economy is tough, customer service always needs to be OUTSTANDING to keep you in the game."
              HUGE AL

Comment

As MR Elite Platinum, we've always been told that we have a corresponding RC number (not that we've had much use for it). There are only a handful of RC properties that we've taken a liking to over the years, usually owing to a combination of a unique location, endearing facilities, and staff, but truth be told, even these compete with the JWMs and RHs in the immediate vicinity.
                Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                X