As it's that time of year again.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As it's that time of year again.....

..I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year wherever you are and whatever you are doing. If you don't celebrate it then all the best to you regardless.

I am delighted to note that while I don't keep a record I must be down around 20% on travel this year, let's hope I can get that down further in 2014...

A rather amusing end to the year was had on Saturday night during our Christmas Party at a Brazilian Restaurant in Liverpool when halfway through the meal what is probably currently the world's greatest football player who had scored two goals earlier that day walked in and sat at the table next to us. To be fair to him while he wouldn't allow him and his family to be disturbed while eating he was happy to sign anything and have as many photos as anyone wanted once they'd finished, and boy did some of our group, which included Liverpool, Everton, Bolton, Wigan and even United fans, take advantage.

All the best everyone.

Merry Christmas, MAN Flyer and everyone here at SQT, and a very happy new 2014!

Unlike MAN Flyer, I can only claim that my brother-in-law met Chow Yun Fatt in the his apartment lift in Beijing a week ago. Alas, he was too dumbstruck to ask for his autograph.

All the best, safe travels always.

Comment

Merry Christmas from Singapore! Can't remember the last time I was home for Christmas.
      Kids arrived Monday morning within an hour of each other

Son flew BOS LHR SIN
      Entered Virgin lounge in BOS with KF Gold card. Very impressed with food.
      Booked on SQ319 but managed to catch SQ305

Daughter JFK FRA SIN
      Allocated 48D without paying extra
      Kid next to her threw up almost immediately on his dad!
      But after FRA, seat cover was changed
      Only one security check (on re boarding) at FRA

Comment

Merry Christmas from the sunny Alps!
        Enjoy the festive season with family and friends

All the best for 2014!

Comment

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Have spent every Christmas at home in Singapore, and this year is no exception.

Less travel for me at the end of this year compared to other years. I haven't even flown on any SQ planes with the Christmas decor put up, which I have always found very festive.

Have fun wherever you are, on the ground or in the air!

Comment

Merry Christmas and safe travels. Since it falls on a Wednesday, I've conveniently ran out of leave so here in Singapore I am for the first Christmas since I can even recall...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              If you don't celebrate it then all the best to you regardless.
              LOL

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and will have a safe and awesome New Year's!!
              HUGE AL

Comment

Happy New Year everyone,
                Best wishes for 2014 !
                Thank you to the avid contributors to this forum;
                who keep us in check
                who give us detailed trip reports
                who tell us the latest glitches
                who reveal tips and tricks
                who generally keep us enthralled on SQTALK.
                F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Working...
                X