Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Special Meal Request on economY SQ (Seafood Meal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Meal Request on economY SQ (Seafood Meal)

Hi all,

I've been a long-time lurker around here and finally like to post a question to all you knowledgeable SQ flyers.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried requesting the special Meal in Y and how did it taste like. Please state the meal type and a comment (i.e. food content, tastiness etc). If you have ever booked the "seafood" or "hindu" meals, a reply would be a plus.

Thanks

Hi there ultrasound

I've requested for seafood meal a couple of times out of SIN. The main was always fish (once was salmon and the other was some white fish) with some sort of seafood salad. The food's pretty ok and its also quite light compared to the ones that they serve on board. And best of all, you get to eat before everyone else.
    Last edited by msndelevium; 15 November 2009, 07:10 AM.

Comment

They use to have an oriental meal selection alongside the seafood meal and that was pretty good... Breakfast was always a Dim Sum (yes, even in Y) which I love... Never tried the seafood selection though...
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by msndelevium View Post
        Hi there ultrasound

I've requested for seafood meal a couple of times out of SIN. The main was always fish (once was salmon and the other was some white fish) with some sort of seafood salad. The food's pretty ok and its also quite light compared to the ones that they serve on board. And best of all, you get to eat before everyone else.
        Quite light means... less amount of food?

Comment

Here is my little collection of seafood meals:

SQ954 SIN-CGK (06/2008) Breakfast

The fish was medium rare, it taste very well!!

SQ955 CGK-SIN (06/2008) Lunch

Totally overdone...like easting a eraser...

SQ859 HKG-SIN (02/2009) Lunch

Good Quality and Portion, very creamy sourse and fresh prawns and scallop

SQ862 SIN-HKG (02/2009) Brunch

Just average but the starter was good

SQ1 HKG-SIN (04/2009) Breakfast

Perfectly done but with tastless mushrooms...

SQ870 SIN-HKG (04/2009) Dinner

Fairly done but the potato cake next to the fish was delicoius!

SQ1 HKG-SIN (07/2009) Breakfast

Same as 04/2009's one...But you can clearly see it is Salmon+White Fish+Prawn+Scallop+Vegetables

SQ856 SIN-HKG (07/2009) Brunch

Totally tastless this time...

I agree with msndelevium, the seafood meal from SIN is normally fish + rice/mash. I think it is quite boring, and those from HKG were quite good.
          PS: SQ ex-HKG is using Cathay Pacific Catering Service, however the meals on SQ flights are far better than those on CX flights (Taste, Appearence, Quality), possibly SQ choose the more expensive meals
          Last edited by sutrakhk; 15 November 2009, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Please note that SQ has many types of special meals...

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...v=-1797689429&

Comment

For my last flight to HKG, I had Fish on the outbound and prawn with linguine on the inbound

Comment

Wow, that's a rather comprehensive collection of seafood meals.

Thanks for sharing, sutrakhk.

Comment

Thought this LOW-SODIUM special Y request meal might be of interest to some...

Direct link (with photo) here:
                  http://eatbma.blogspot.com/2009/11/s...of-taipei.html

It's quite short so I'll quote verbatim -

Ugh - that was nasty. My last two special meals on SQ were a lot better than I thought they would be, but this one tasted just like what the words "low sodium" invoke: bland and unappetizing.

Sadly, this featured tasteless pieces of chicken breast in both the appetizer as well as the main course, and they even left the third plastic tray empty - as if they couldn't find anything else to put in there. I wonder if this was because of the local caterer in Taiwan?

The ironic thing is that I had to add some of the standard issue table salt and butter that came with the roll on the side in order to make it half-bearable. So much for eating healthy.

Comment

Hi, i was once told by an "insider" who was with the SQ Catering Services that the Muslim food out of SIN is by far the best compared to the rest and sometimes its even better than the food u get in F or J. the reason is because Muslim food has the lowest order/request volume and therefore the food is prepared with more "delicate" touches. i haven't actually tried it before as i've always been on CX. but would love to give it a shot if i have an opportunity to fly SQ outta SIN.

Comment

will try the Muslim meal on my next flight out on SQ in the meantime, its TG seafood meal for me... same shizz fish with tomato sauce with potato or potato...

Comment

so would you recommand to go for Seafood Meal on SQ?
                        I have a flight on SQ1 ex-SFO
                        Is it worthy to try that?
                        Last edited by vincent0720; 19 November 2009, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post
                          will try the Muslim meal on my next flight out on SQ in the meantime, its TG seafood meal for me... same shizz fish with tomato sauce with potato or potato...
                          great...let me know if its really that good...

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post
                            It's not bad really... I mean the muslim meal on SQ...
                            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

a person next to me once had the muslim food option ex-seoul, the main looks ok but the starter and dessert (dates) are middle-east inspired which doesnt really look really appealing to me (compared to the normal salad and fruit/pudding).

Comment

Working...
                              X