SQ's AMS Mystery Flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ773ER View Post
    Just a thought and pure speculation, could this be a hint that we can potentially see in the near future a US route via AMS considering that SQ was flying SIN-JFK via AMS in the 90’s? Or perhaps a tag on to VIE via AMS?
    The AMS flight continued to EWR, and back then SQ also has its own nice little lounge at Schiphol. It was so much nicer than the Aspire lounge they're using now.

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Normally remote gates are the unpleasant part of a regional flight. Maybe they can't spare a gate for 6 hours each morning right now at Schiphol. That's a lot of people to bus though.
    I was on 323 yesterday and we were indeed bused out to the plane. I can confirm it was a very unpleasant experience, especially with two children in tow. I have no idea what's going on because SQ always used the regular gates in the G pier; many lesser airlines still do!

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
      The AMS flight continued to EWR, and back then SQ also has its own nice little lounge at Schiphol. It was so much nicer than the Aspire lounge they're using now.
      I do remember taking the SIN-AMS-EWR route long time ago. Interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
        I do remember taking the SIN-AMS-EWR route long time ago. Interesting...
        I remember at one point in the 2000's SQ did do SIN-AMS-ORD at one point

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8XZriAdB1g

I came across this video on youtube which may explain the mystery flights. It could be a slot protection manoeuvre.

Perhaps planning and subsequently cancelling the flights is as good as flying an empty plane there?

Comment

Originally posted by Trent1000 View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8XZriAdB1g

I came across this video on youtube which may explain the mystery flights. It could be a slot protection manoeuvre.

Perhaps planning and subsequently cancelling the flights is as good as flying an empty plane there?
            I'm beginning to wonder if SQ is planning a move to 10x weekly to AMS. Shifting from the 772 to the A350 was a downgauge, especially in Y

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              I'm beginning to wonder if SQ is planning a move to 10x weekly to AMS. Shifting from the 772 to the A350 was a downgauge, especially in Y
              True. Especially with neighbouring Garuda ending their 3x weekly one-way SIN-AMS flights from the start of the winter season, SQ increasing SIN-AMS to 10x weekly would be a very logical move.

Comment

Working...
              X