Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwegian planning Buenos Aires to Asia flights via Perth

https://thewest.com.au/travel/air-av...-ng-b88751880z

Argentine airline Norwegian Air Argentina has applied and been given approval for the Buenos Aires to Perth route, and is applying for rights to Singapore, while Airbus and Boeing have done studies on how the route would be accomplished.

China Southern, Singapore Airlines, and Qantas also have rights to fly the route.
    What's really interesting is that SQ has rights for PER-EZE... hmmm...

I think CAAS will approve the application.

You'd have to be really confident of EZE-SIN traffic. I can't imagine PER-EZE is a major market by itself. QF offers a one-stop routing to SCL and that's as good as it's likely to get. Will SQ feel confident ever again to take on South America?

Comment

Norwegian have been known thus far to do some interesting routings. Whether they make money or not, I don't know.

NZ seems to be only other carrier I know of that flies SIN-EZE using the southern seas. Looking at tix prices, its certainly not cheap, perhaps the Norwegians like a piece of that pie too.

Comment

Another interesting route might be SIN-CPT-EZE, not for SQ but maybe for TR. MH used to do KUL-JNB-EZE years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
          MH used to do KUL-JNB-EZE years ago.
          I've heard that MH had the route for years, no matter how loss-making, because Mahathir had a ranch in Argentina.

Comment

This is more fluff than substance. Norwegian is already hemorrhaging money. Besides, we're still waiting on the launch of their OSL/BCN/FCO-SIN flights.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
              Another interesting route might be SIN-CPT-EZE, not for SQ but maybe for TR. MH used to do KUL-JNB-EZE years ago.
              MH flew to Buenos Aires via Cape Town (KUL-CPT-EZE).

MH201 KUL0120 – 0650CPT0835 – 1245EZE 744 37
              MH202 EZE2320 – 1215+1CPT1345 – 0700+1KUL 744 37
              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                MH flew to Buenos Aires via Cape Town (KUL-CPT-EZE).

MH201 KUL0120 – 0650CPT0835 – 1245EZE 744 37
                MH202 EZE2320 – 1215+1CPT1345 – 0700+1KUL 744 37
                If memory serves me correctly it used to be KUL-JNB-CPT-EZE before JNB was de-tagged. The crew loved it dearly, just like an esteemed SQTalker who flies MH every now and then. I think she's written a TR on at least part of this journey before

Comment

I think SIN-CPT-EZE can't be viable given that even for CPT-GRU neither LA nor SA have seen fit fly direct.

Just personally I think SIN-PER-EZE would be even worse.

Comment

Working...
                  X