A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A350R
    Any connoisseur of aviation knows that plane makers specs down still air range and nothing else. Still air range form the most important input when calculating the maximum range of mission. You should spend more time studying rather than spamming here.

A359 280T still air range is 8500 nm at 314 seats, far exceed the big circle SIN-LAX 7600nm. However more margin is needed when flying westbound LAX-SIN. I did my calculation and hence concluded that SQ 253 pax configure can do this mission without payload restriction. I am not sure if you pass your geography of high school math.
    Watch your tone. This is a friendly forum. Such statements are not appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by A350R
      The A350 280T range at 314 pax is rate around 8500 nm still air. To reliably do SIN-LAX all weather, it would need around 9100 nm. Estimate A350 gains 120nm by losing about one tonne payload. So by going down from 314 pax to 253 pax, the bird would have gain 720nm. Hence the still air range is now 9220 nm.

BTW to do SIN-EWR, it would need a still air range of 9900 nm (the big circle distant is 8260nm). By loading it to 161 pax, the bird will have still air range of 10,300 nm.

how this 120nm come about? Basically we can derive it from the pax loading of SQ A359ULR, and the margin of SIN-EWR.
      Thanks for responding.
      I note you’re using Airbus seating definition in your calculation. Airbus 253 seats does not equate SQ’s 253 seat. The weights would be different.
      Perhaps you rerun your numbers then let’s discuss further.

Comment

• Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
        I recently saw the same numbers posted to Anet.
        Quelle surprise...

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        Indeed. So after a little tidying up exercise we'll keep the thread locked for a very short while to see if people can cool down and/or grow up.

Comment

• Thread re-opened. Lets hope we can continue along the lines of the previous 2000 posts viewed over half a million times.

Comment

• Does anyone know when the first ULR is going to be delivered? A few posts hinted August but any rough estimates yet? Thanks

Comment

• 9V-SGE has a damaged wingtip....

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                I passed high school Geo and Maths but still don't know what are you guys talking about....

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  9V-SGE has a damaged wingtip....

Wow, I'm surprised. Hopefully they can fix the wingtip soon.

Originally posted by SQ_326 View Post
                  I passed high school Geo and Maths but still don't know what are you guys talking about....
                  While I was not involved, I read over this thread and there was some fight going on which caused the thread to temporarily be locked because a poster took it so far by saying a statement that would offend anyone surfing or posting on the forum.

SQ228 is right though. This is not a subject we should talk about and the whole thread is related to the A350's not offending people. I will not be involved if a discussion like that further continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    9V-SGE has a damaged wingtip....

What happened?

And I just noticed this, but the ULR has 4 wheel bogies rather than the 6 wheel bogies like on the -1000. I always assumed it would get a 6 wheel one due to the increased mtow.

Comment

• Originally posted by A350R View Post
                      You should spend more time studying rather than spamming here.
                      This was where things got mean. We are protective of 9V-JKL.

But the thread was getting good...

Was hoping fanatic would join in on the fun.
                      HUGE AL

Comment

• 9V-SGA, the 1st A350-900 ULR, to be delivered to SQ, has rolled out of the Paint Hanger. She has already completed 2 Test Flights and could be delivered as early as the end of August although delivery is scheduled in September.

Comment

• I wish they added the "ULR" to the "Airbus A350-900".
                          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Notice how there are three missing (plugged) windows aft of the second door on both sides (rather than two on the A350-900). Also on the right side the two forward windows just aft of the forward door are both plugged (only one is plugged on the left side, and only one is plugged on both sides on the A350-900).

This is presumably to allow additional galley space for the Business Class service.

Will these be among the only ways to visually spot the difference between the A350-900 and the -900ULR externally?

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                              Will these be among the only ways to visually spot the difference between the A350-900 and the -900ULR externally?
                              The ULR winglets are slightly different as well, more angular and longer.

https://leehamnews.com/2017/11/01/ne...harklets-a350/

They may be applying these winglet changes to future standard A359's as well, but at least for SQ, the ULR looks to have different winglets from SQ's earlier A359's.

Comment

• If 9V-SGE test aircraft is an indication, there is no window breaks between door 2&3 unlike the 2 window breaks for the the 9V-SMx series

Comment

Working...
                                X