MH A380 Visited Changi (06 Jul)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH A380 Visited Changi (06 Jul)

Was departing from Changi T2 this evening and saw a MH A380 taxiing out for departure. Checked FR24 and 9M-MND was operating MH616 on SIN-KUL. Wonder if this is a MH whale's first visit to Changi and why the aircraft swap. Must be an experience flying the A380 on SIN-KUL!
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
    Must be an experience flying the A380 on SIN-KUL!
    SQ used to fly 744's on SIN-KUL!

Comment

Someone I know was on the A380-operated MH616 SIN-KUL service yesterday evening...

This service, MH616, is normally operated by a B738.

Yesterday, my friend was first booked on MH608, a 6.10pm departure which was cancelled.

She was then rebooked on MH616, originally scheduled for 7.15pm, but was retimed first to 8.30pm and then again to 9.10pm.

As ycp81 indicated, the equipment type was changed to an A380 on July 6, which does not appear to have happened before (Or at least not in the past 3 months, according to flightradar24). I would guess that this was to accomodate the other passengers on the earlier cancelled flight, or maybe this was simply the only plane available at the time.

Finally lifted off at 9.30pm, after pushing back from gate F60 (At the extreme end of T2, a long walk from everything), and landed in KUL at about 10.20pm.

Her travails did not end there...in KUL, the A380 was parked at a bus gate and she was bussed to the train terminus in the Satellite terminal, where both aerotrains were broken down, and had to be bussed, again, over to the main terminal.

Net result was that she got home almost 4 hours later than usual...

So it was great that to have a rare MH A380 making an appearance in Changi (Did anyone get pictures?), and maybe some pax onboard were thrilled to be on a whalejet rather than a dinky 738.

But for at least one pax, the delays, walking to far-off gates, multiple buses, and setback after setback, were not amusing in the least!

Comment

Working...
      X