Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suggestion] Reputation Points

Hi,

I thought i would make a suggestion to the admin of this forum if you don't mind.

I think it would be really cool if the Reputation was enabled on the site. It will allow users to build up points for a good post. When someone finds another post helpful they click the "thanks" button on the post and the author of the post will get a point

Just an idea

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't see any point in it whatsoever.

People are perfectly capable of making their own minds up and members and their posts, or at least they should be.

Comment

Well it could show how reliable a user is to people who are new the forum. It can also be used to show how much you appreciate a post.

Anyway its your decision

Comment

post deleted
        Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:21 AM.

Comment

I think the consensus among mods early in the life of SQT was that reputation points are too imprecise as indicators of reliability, for example because they don't reveal who gave them -- kind of like SkyTraxx ratings. <shudder> Because most SQTalkers tend to post based on experience or reliable sources, there is enough quality control in the exchange of views and information that bad posts tend to be corrected or overwritten. See what happens by attempting to post erroneous information or wild conclusions.

As for appreciating someone's posts, that's why LukeGT got us a rich emoticon menu in the very beginning. (in addition to that much appreciated contribution from an SQTalker -- ) Nice, eh?
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

jjpb3 summarized very well the situation.
            Technically speaking, the feature can be implemented quite easily. Anyway the staff should decide to activate it. Personally I don't have a serious preference, but if there is a big consensus about it, I'm ready to follow the majority.

Rgds
            Luke
            There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
            If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Working...
            X