Aug Silverkris Mag - Changi Airport T2/T3 Gates Page Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aug Silverkris Mag - Changi Airport T2/T3 Gates Page Missing

I know this is a silly observation, but in the August Silverkris magazine, I cannot find the page whereby you can see the map of the aircraft gates in Changi Airport's T2 & T3. Is it only my magazine , I did not find any torn pages.

The page also shows various Skytrain stations you can use to transfer between terminals. It is usually found on the page right after "Aircraft Fleet".

And on each flight, the LSS still makes this announcement - "Ladies & Gentlemen, please note your flight today will arrive in Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 2 (or 3) . Details on how to transfer between terminals, please refer to the Silverkris magazine".

Reply from SIA's pubic affairs department : -

Thank you for taking the time to write in to us.

We have decided to remove the "Changi Airport" page in our inflight magazine, starting from the August issue as it has been more than three years since Terminal 3 at Singapore Changi Airport was opened. We felt that by now our passengers would be familiar with Singapore Airlines' dual terminal operations and how to go about transferring between the two terminals.

We have informed our Cabin Crew colleagues of this change and the onboard announcement will be amended accordingly.

We thank you for pointing this out to us.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
      We felt that by now our passengers would be familiar with Singapore Airlines' dual terminal operations and how to go about transferring between the two terminals.
      So if its your 1st time on SQ and to Changi then how? idiots....

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Well... assumption dictates that if you have eyes and don't know how to use them to see with, it is not their fault.

Comment

We felt that by now our passengers would be familiar with Singapore Airlines' dual terminal operations and how to go about transferring between the two terminals.
          Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Never fails to amaze - the dumba55 mentality that goes on in the ivory tower...

Comment

aka - New 1st timers not welcome on SQ or Changi

Comment

We have decided to remove the "Changi Airport" page in our inflight magazine, starting from the August issue as it has been more than three years since Terminal 3 at Singapore Changi Airport was opened. We felt that by now our passengers would be familiar with Singapore Airlines' dual terminal operations and how to go about transferring between the two terminals.

We have informed our Cabin Crew colleagues of this change and the onboard announcement will be amended accordingly.

We thank you for pointing this out to us.
              That is unbelievable.

As 9V-JKL says, what if it is your first time through Changi ?!. Granted many people are regulars, but many go through once a year(or even less) and with them operating from two different terminals, this is a baffling decision.

I've been through Changi hundreds of times but even I sometimes like to jog my memory of where exactly our arrival gate is when it pops up on the screen shortly before arrival.

Comment

A cabin crew friend just informed me SQ has sent them internal email informing them of announcement amendment on this issue.

Comment

Unbelievable. What a bunch of blockheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                    Unbelievable. What a bunch of blockheads.
                    The results of walking with noses in the air. Time to put my miles elsewhere and let them smell the dung

Comment

More advertising space in Silverkris...? I just noticed that they have replaced the 2-page summary of what's playing on which channels on the Krisworld magazine with advertising space.

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                        The results of walking with noses in the air. Time to put my miles elsewhere and let them smell the dung
                        OT: Probably too much local talent. No common sense. No textbooks and ten-year series to guide them in their decision making process.

Comment

We have informed our Cabin Crew colleagues of this change and the onboard announcement will be amended accordingly
                          Does anyone else detect the smug tone that this email imparts? Oh, you know, it's been three years and people should be familiar by now, etc. What thought process would prompt an organization in the service industry to put out such a statement. "If we say there isn't a problem, then there isn't a problem" seems to be the mindset.

First of all, was the move to take out the Changi Airport pages intended? If so, why wasn't the cabin crew notified to modify their inflight announcements? Or has it been a while since people in management took an SQ flight and took notes?

It goes along with the website debacle--if only they had management take a shot at making a booking on the new website before they hurled it at the masses back in May, all these "teething" issues may have been avoided.
                          Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Not only are they up themselves arrogant, but they're inconsistent too...

Aren't they still showing that annoying video after take-off on how to convert the "New" J seat into a bed, and vice-versa? Surely after 5 years we know how that works - or at least a lot better than how to transfer between terminals @SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                              Not only are they up themselves arrogant, but they're inconsistent too...

Aren't they still showing that annoying video after take-off on how to convert the "New" J seat into a bed, and vice-versa? Surely after 5 years we know how that works - or at least a lot better than how to transfer between terminals @SIN.
                              OT: it does fit my chicken rice theory - If you find the dish I peddle not to your liking, you are welcomed to take your business elsewhere. Losing one of you does not hurt my bottomline.

Comment

Working...
                              X