No announcement yet.

T3 Goes Live: Impressions of T3 and the SQ Lounges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was shocked this morning to hear from the reliable sources that many F guests at T3 have given a nod to the lounge, i.e. they love it, or they are getting used to it, thus they don't expect anything better than that. (I guess all those guests never knew about the "true" First and Suite lounge in the plan.)

I will check back again tomorrow morning prior to my SQ16.

Comment

Transit Hotel Sign

Comment

T3 with Chinese New Year Flavour

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          *This is presuming this A+ is something worth getting excited about.
          Disclaimer: Don't shoot the messenger if this news won't turn up as it should be. I will pray hard to happen

A little tiny birdie is whispering the words of the opening for the one you referred as A+ is the day of A380 inaugural to London.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            Disclaimer: Don't shoot the messenger if this news won't turn up as it should be. I will pray hard to happen

A little tiny birdie is whispering the words of the opening for the one you referred as A+ is the day of A380 inaugural to London.
            That's funny, because during a chat at the weekend when I said I believe all the SKL staff have been told to say nothing when asked about this lounge, I said I wouldn't be surprised if they were saving it for the LHR inaugural as it seems to be complete...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
              I was shocked this morning to hear from the reliable sources that many F guests at T3 have given a nod to the lounge, i.e. they love it, or they are getting used to it, thus they don't expect anything better than that. (I guess all those guests never knew about the "true" First and Suite lounge in the plan.)

I will check back again tomorrow morning prior to my SQ16.
              This is indeed surprising. Could this be an SQ official communication to all the pax who complain about the lounge?

I know a lot of people agree that C section is good but the F section?????

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                That's funny, because during a chat at the weekend when I said I believe all the SKL staff have been told to say nothing when asked about this lounge, I said I wouldn't be surprised if they were saving it for the LHR inaugural as it seems to be complete...

Indeed, it seems that someone has instructed the SKL staff not to answer any inquiry about the yet unopened lounge.

Anyhow, sometimes next month, another *A partner will start to depart from T3. The question is, where the premium pax will go for the lounge access? The answer is clear for the *G status pax flying Y - they will go to KF Gold Lounge. Unless there is a new lounge built in the empty space near KFG Lounge, the C and F pax from this *A partner would be unhappy if they have to use KFG Lounge as well.
                What do you think?

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                This is indeed surprising. Could this be an SQ official communication to all the pax who complain about the lounge?

I know a lot of people agree that C section is good but the F section?????
                Actually it's pretty fun to be in the F side. Quiet, not many people. When I was there in the morning before 9am, the food station served eggs (scrambled or ...) and prawn noodle soups. Then there are smoked salmon, dim sum, mee siram, and other stuff.
                The prawn noodle soup was good, as well as the dim sum. And there were fish crackers, and pineapple tart/cookies.
                Meanwhile, there was one more dish in C section: lontong. So, I know now how to make the most of the lounge snacking: check the C food station as well.

I was standing with the staff near the entrance. It was fun to witness the attitude of many guest at the lounge.

Comment

No pictures so far on SQT of the T3 hawker centre (or, in fact, any of the airport hawker centres) ?

Comment

I went to the Basement where the food court is. But did not tak any pics. One noticeable thing is the fact that this floor has a low ceiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post

Actually it's pretty fun to be in the F side. Quiet, not many people. When I was there in the morning before 9am, the food station served eggs (scrambled or ...) and prawn noodle soups. Then there are smoked salmon, dim sum, mee siram, and other stuff.
                      The prawn noodle soup was good, as well as the dim sum. And there were fish crackers, and pineapple tart/cookies.
                      Meanwhile, there was one more dish in C section: lontong. So, I know now how to make the most of the lounge snacking: check the C food station as well.

:

I did exactly that as well 2 weeks ago when I was there - Had a chance to sample a nice winter melon soup at the C side because the F did not have it.

Comment

• Dim sum and prawn noodle soup @ SKL F

Comment

• Problems at T3 SKL F

Oh dear, the bar is currently shut at SKL F here, and has been for the last 3 or 4 days apparently. I think I know what triggered this but will refrain from posting about it at the moment, and before another memo goes out it hasn't come from anybody working over here either...

They now have champagne in an ice bucket for self service, just like the J side!!.

Comment

• Bar shut both times I went through the SKL F in the past 8 days. Food selection worse than the J side. At the moment the only benefit of the F lounge seems to be that it's a little quieter, although this wasn't the case (all food tables taken) on Monday evening waiting for the SQ322. I went in the J side instead.

As a side observation, SQ clearly had the opportunity to do something special with their 'home' lounge at T3, but compared with VS @ LHR, QF @ SYD, TG @ BKK and, one presumes, BA at LHR T5 it is a huge let down.

On the up side I found the product in the air to be just as good as previous experiences (and I loved the MH plane on the SQ285/286: very spacious in F). Still, it would be nice to see ground services matching up.

BC

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                              Bar shut both times I went through the SKL F in the past 8 days. Food selection worse than the J side. At the moment the only benefit of the F lounge seems to be that it's a little quieter, although this wasn't the case (all food tables taken) on Monday evening waiting for the SQ322. I went in the J side instead.

As a side observation, SQ clearly had the opportunity to do something special with their 'home' lounge at T3, but compared with VS @ LHR, QF @ SYD, TG @ BKK and, one presumes, BA at LHR T5 it is a huge let down.

On the up side I found the product in the air to be just as good as previous experiences (and I loved the MH plane on the SQ285/286: very spacious in F). Still, it would be nice to see ground services matching up.

BC
                              Spot on! Welcome to SQTalk, BlackCat. I was there Monday evening as well. But was spending my time at the staff desk and check-in desk.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post

BC
                                I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Working...
                                X