KUL-STN-KUL with Air Asia X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KUL-STN-KUL with Air Asia X

Hey all! I will go on Air Asia X to Stansted on the 24th this month, and decided to do a TR on this. Stay tuned, I will write it ASAP.

you enjoy yourself now!

Comment

Can't wait!

Comment

heard that they have the state of the art entertainment system whereby you could order the meals, entertainment programme and ammnities on the system screen. Can't wait to see those photos especially the XL seats.

Comment

the J seats would be good and the EY should be ok too - as this plane is leased from Air Canada and air asia x didnt change the interiors to a very high density seating as like its owned A330s.

Comment

Hi all! Sorry for the late posting as I was jet-lagged, and decided to do the report after coming back to KUL I got pics, but they were too blur

D7 2002
            I was off to the LCCT at 1350, checked-in at around 1515. Luckily we Malaysians still don't need a visa for the UK I got assigned to 38A on the leased A340-343E of Air Asia X. This 343 is 10 years old i think.

Boarding was swift, and in a while doors were closed. We pushed back at 1709, and lifted off from 32R at 1713. We flew north towards Langkawi, and turned north-west towards India.

The meal service started, and I ordered the Nasi Lemak(for a fee, of course), a comfort kit which has a pillow,eyeshade and a blanket,and settled into my seat. This seat is a little different from the usual Air Asia seat.

After a while I got bored, and purchased the IFE system. It includes movies on demand, and many other stuff. This Airbus is flying with 70% of it's seats filled. By now, India is behind us as we approach the Middle East. The cabin lights were not dimmed for sleeping however

After a 12+ hr flight, we landed at Stansted some 17 minutes ahead of schedule.

Next up, the trip back on thier XL class

Comment

Oh sweeeet
              Keep 'em coming!

Comment

D7 2003
                Ok, for the return sector, I took XL/Business of Air Asia X. This was my first time departing from Stansted as I always go to LHR. It's pretty far from the city.

Here, there are no special check-in counters for XL passengers, so you have to join the long Q to check-in. Rather disappointing After a cup of coffee, I was off for the gate. No aerobridges used here, we have to board by stairs.

Today, I'm boarding thru L1. The load today was heavier(for XL, at least). Most XL passengers were English. XL passengers do not get any "extra touches" like pre-flight drinks and snacks. And also no warm towels We pushed back, and in a few moments we took off. Goodbye London

My first meal today is Roast Chicken with stuffings. Drinks sold seperately. Quite good Then it was time to rest. This seat reclines a lot! Perfect for sleeping. When I woke up, we were flying 40000 ft over Turkey.

A quick walk around the cabin, and it's time for the next meal. For those wondering, the cutlery is plastic Before I new it, I was back home. We touched down at 14L smoothly, bringing an end to my first Air Asia X trip.

For the price I paid for Economy, it was worth it. But for the XL, I may want to think twice before taking it again. Overall the flights were great, but for the next few months, maybe I'll stick to SIA for the mileage

Comment

Plastic cutlery due to the strange UK laws since 9/11 days !

Some of the regular airlines flying into UK still use plastic knives!

Oh please tell them UK aviation board people that I've seen some high heels on some women that are more deadlier than a metal knife!

Comment

how much did u pay?

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                      how much did u pay?
                      A total of MYR 3000++

Comment

Originally posted by flyKL View Post
                        A total of MYR 3000++
                        wow even for XL seats, that seems a bit expensive...

Comment

Hi, thks for the TR! Air Asia X for the MEL-KUL sector is rated highly here in MEL!

BTW, were blankets provided for this long journey KUL-STN, or do passengers have to pay a fee for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Bridge2Dream View Post
                            Hi, thks for the TR! Air Asia X for the MEL-KUL sector is rated highly here in MEL!

BTW, were blankets provided for this long journey KUL-STN, or do passengers have to pay a fee for them?
                            No, they are not provided. You can get something which is called a "comfort kit" which has a blanket, eyeshades and an inflatable pillow for about MYR30

Comment

Working...
                            X