Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drunken man shocks with his generosity (at Spanish Airport)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunken man shocks with his generosity (at Spanish Airport)

Obviously not a victim of the Savage25 effect

A British man who arrived at a Spanish airport on Wednesday after having too much to drink was taken into custody - not for bad behaviour but for being too generous.

Turns out the tourist had recently received an inheritance, and he had started to give away 52,000 euros ($A91,662.26) he was carrying in cash and travellers cheques.

Spain's Interior Ministry said people at Son Sant Joan Airport in Palma de Mallorca first alerted police because the dishevelled man "looked like a tramp" and "had a disagreeable smell."

Police determined he was giving away thousands of euros, without realising what he was doing.

"Having arrived at the airport terminal he began handing out cash while laughing," a ministry statement said.

The ministry said the man - identified as James B.N., from Manchester, England - was taken in custody and soon persuaded to put his wallet away and fly home.

The British Foreign Office was informed but consular officials did not have to intervene to coax the 59 year-old man back aboard a return flight.

lol, I kinda wish I got to him before the police

Comment

I am kind of generous to the bar gals in Duxton when I am drunk too.... hahaaaa
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
        Can't say I blame you!
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
          But I reckon not 50-grands-generous?
          Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Working...
          X