Mobile Boarding Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Boarding Pass

Thought I'd share my experience using the Mobile Boarding Pass generated by the SQ Mobile App SIN-BKK and BKK-SIN.

So several years ago I lamented when SQ "cheapened" their Economy boarding passes but with all the work travel I do these days, anything that saves time is welcome!

I never check-in my bags, even when travelling long-haul so with the mobile boarding pass, I can walk straight to immigration.

At both SIN and BKK, I got confused looks from the immigration officers at first when they asked for my boarding pass and I flashed my phone but their senior colleagues intervened, showing that they just needed to scan the QR Code of the mobile BP, the way they would the barcode of a traditional BP.

Probably saved me 15 minutes at BKK as there was quite a queue at the SQ Check-In Counter.

Would highly recommend it if you're not checking-in any bags.. and if you're environmentally-conscious

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
    Thought I'd share my experience using the Mobile Boarding Pass generated by the SQ Mobile App SIN-BKK and BKK-SIN.

So several years ago I lamented when SQ "cheapened" their Economy boarding passes but with all the work travel I do these days, anything that saves time is welcome!

I never check-in my bags, even when travelling long-haul so with the mobile boarding pass, I can walk straight to immigration.

At both SIN and BKK, I got confused looks from the immigration officers at first when they asked for my boarding pass and I flashed my phone but their senior colleagues intervened, showing that they just needed to scan the QR Code of the mobile BP, the way they would the barcode of a traditional BP.

Probably saved me 15 minutes at BKK as there was quite a queue at the SQ Check-In Counter.

Would highly recommend it if you're not checking-in any bags.. and if you're environmentally-conscious
    The only time I travel without check in was KL lol.
    I tried it at NRT, most of the seasoned business traveler uses it, self service scan QR code on the reader.

Comment

I've started using it instead of printing when I'm away from home. So much less hassle than having to email a PDF to a hotel reception and beg them to print it or use their business centre with ancient computers you don't trust the safety of. Check-in agents usually reprint the passes anyway.

Comment

I was using only the mobile boarding pass for the longest time until January this year and then I decided to get physical passes as back up. This was after I saw my US colleague have his mobile boarding pass rejected because of a faulty reader in Dallas despite trying a number of times and he had to trudge back to the kiosk to print a physical pass and rejoin the long security queue. Always have a backup plan for technology to fail!

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
          I was using only the mobile boarding pass for the longest time until January this year and then I decided to get physical passes as back up. This was after I saw my US colleague have his mobile boarding pass rejected because of a faulty reader in Dallas despite trying a number of times and he had to trudge back to the kiosk to print a physical pass and rejoin the long security queue. Always have a backup plan for technology to fail!
          Either you trust it or you don't. Getting the printed BP totally defeats the purpose of having the mobile version.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            Either you trust it or you don't. Getting the printed BP totally defeats the purpose of having the mobile version.

Well, in my colleague's case it failed. I wish you well.

Comment

I suffer from low-batt and phone misplaced phobias. So it's always paper for me as a boarding pass. But I'm starting to learn to trust the tech with cinema tix now.

Comment

I always print out my BPs. In fact I go so far as to get it from the counter and would explain to the kiosk attendants I want a cardboard BP, so would not use the kiosks. Very old school

Comment

Working...
                X