The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    This isn't of great interest to me, as I am more focused on aircraft once they are placed into passenger operation, but for anyone interested in technical flights and testing, there is quite a lot of data now appearing on fr24 about 9V-SCA:
    Thanks for this, SQ228. This is interesting. I would assume that Charleston - Myrtle Beach and vice versa are established test routes for aircraft coming out of Boeing's assembly plant in that part of the USA.

Comment

• Our dear Sam Chui will be on the B787-10 delivery flight.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update...4321985601536/

His flight itenerary:

DXB-FRA: Lufthansa B747
      FRA-JFK: SIA A380
      JFK-CHS: JetBlue A320
      CHS-KIX: SIA B787
      KIX-SIN: SIA B787

SIN-DXB: SIA B777

So djsflynn will get to meet him on board the new bird.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
        Our dear Sam Chui will be on the B787-10 delivery flight.
        So djsflynn will get to meet him on board the new bird.
        djsflynn, if you happen to speak to him, do invite him to the meet-up on the 28th!

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
          djsflynn, if you happen to speak to him, do invite him to the meet-up on the 28th!
          Woah! That's a damn great idea!

Comment

• An email from Boeing:

Join us as we celebrate delivery of the 1st 787-10 Dreamliner to Singapore Airlines. We will be covering the activities all weekend including two live broadcasts from the Boeing South Carolina site.

Inside the Factory
            Saturday March 24th 10:00 AM EDT (1400 UTC)

Go inside the Boeing South Carolina factory for the 1st time as we prepare to deliver the 1st 787-10 Dreamliner.

Delivery Event
            Sunday March 25th approximately 8:10 PM EDT (Monday, March 26 0010 UTC)

Watch a spectacular show honoring Singapore Airlines as we deliver their 1st 787-10 Dreamliner -- and the great teammates that build the world's most efficient twin-aisle airplane.

Watch LIVE on Boeing.com

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/787...%3a%202018-03/

Comment

• Also available on Facebook Live on the Boeing page.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                Go inside the Boeing South Carolina factory for the 1st time as we prepare to deliver the 1st 787-10 Dreamliner.
                OMG!! I wish I was there!!!

Comment

• According to some posts at A.net, 9V-SCA will leave Boeing at about 0200 GMT on Monday and arrive back at WSSS Wednesday 28 at around 0200 GMT.

SQ will definitely have a water canon salute for the aircraft. So stay tuned.
                  Last edited by Scooter001; 26 March 2018, 08:34 AM. Reason: Wrong time

Comment

• It’s a bit confusing because even our own media schedule kit indicates two different fly-away times for tomorrow’s Boeing 787-10 delivery flight SQ8878 - SQ schedule says 10pm, Boeing schedule says 11pm... TBA!

Comment

• And they still haven't revealed the actual interiors eh?
                      Maybe seeing as how the mock-ups of the new 380s didn't do it justice, they decided to do away with previews!

Comment

• I’ve seen photos today and will have a walkthrough of the jet tomorrow, but pics are under embargo until the launch event itself at Jet Quay on Wednesday morning.
                        Last edited by djsflynn; 26 March 2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                          I’ve seen photos today and will have a walkthrough of the jet tomorrow, but pics and under embargo until the launch event itself at Jet Quay on Wednesday morning.
                          You are on the delivery flight?

Comment

• Yes. We have a walkthrough in the arvo too.

Comment

• Not sure if this was previously mentioned, but it'll "include Nagoya and Fukuoka" for the 787-10 after the initial "training" flights.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...iner-on-nagoya

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                                It’s a bit confusing because even our own media schedule kit indicates two different fly-away times for tomorrow’s Boeing 787-10 delivery flight SQ8878 - SQ schedule says 10pm, Boeing schedule says 11pm... TBA!
                                Could this be due to the one observing DST while the other did not?

Comment

Working...
                                X