The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boing View Post
    Representatives from the airline would do a thorough and detailed inspection of the aircraft before they accept it.
    Thats my whole point. They haven't accepted the aircraft yet so it might be tweaked before delivery.

Comment

They also stopped with the practise of naming every fleet with a suitable nickname. Was looking forward to what they would name the A380 before they stopped it.
      And renaming "Raffles Class" to "Business Class" as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        Thats my whole point. They haven't accepted the aircraft yet so it might be tweaked before delivery.
        Aircraft livery painting, or any maintenance activity on an aircraft for that matter, is not done on a whim. Every curve, line, wording is measured from a reference point on the aircraft such as a window or door or an aircraft station number. These blueprint is done with close consultation and input from the airline before its accepted and sent to the hangar for the painters to spray paint. Their template placement would be closely watched by multiple eyes to prevent mistakes before painting.
        Don't think a company of Boeing's magnatitude would make a mistake on something simple as painting a livery on an aircraft.

Comment

Don't think a company of Boeing's magnatitude would make a mistake on something simple as painting a livery on an aircraft.
          It has happened in the past...

Comment

Aircraft livery painting, or any maintenance activity on an aircraft for that matter, is not done on a whim. Every curve, line, wording is measured from a reference point on the aircraft such as a window or door or an aircraft station number. These blueprint is done with close consultation and input from the airline before its accepted and sent to the hangar for the painters to spray paint. Their template placement would be closely watched by multiple eyes to prevent mistakes before painting.
            Your handle’s missing an “e” in the middle.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              Photo Credit: Cassica Studios
              Looks like SQ has painted their 787 engine cowlings white, while their latest A380s still have the light grey cowlings. I wonder if this is going to be the 'new look' for the SQ fleet?

Comment

• Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                Looks like SQ has painted their 787 engine cowlings white, while their latest A380s still have the light grey cowlings. I wonder if this is going to be the 'new look' for the SQ fleet?
                The white 787 engines might have something to do with fuel efficiency...where even the thickness of paint seems to affect airflow and therefore efficiency...

An interesting a.net thread on this topic below.

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=770095

Comment

• Anyone booked on the first day of operation 3th March 2018?
                  SQ973 J
                  Bangkok - Singapore

Comment

• 9V-SCB 1st Flight today

https://twitter.com/PSBoeingTstFlts/...42221801340929

Comment

• As promised, an update on delivery flight SQ8878 based on the latest media itinerary
                      * departs Charleston at 2100 on Monday March 26
                      * arrives into Osaka for a tech stop from 0230 to 0330 on Wednesday March 28
                      * arrives Singapore at 1000 on March 28, with arrival ceremony at JetQuay from 1020
                      Last edited by djsflynn; 13 March 2018, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                        As promised, an update on delivery flight SQ8878 based on the latest media itinerary
                        * arrives Singapore at 1000 on March 28, with arrival ceremony at JetQuay from 1020
                        Thank you so much for the update, djsflynn!

I guess the aircraft might dock at gate F60 rather than the usual B7?
                        Last edited by 9V-SPL; 13 March 2018, 05:04 PM.
                        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                          I guess the aircraft might dock at gate F60 rather than the usual B7?
                          On that, I have less than zero idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                            As promised, an update on delivery flight SQ8878 based on the latest media itinerary
                            Interesting coincidence that the stop happens to be at KIX, but based on those times, I can't imagine there'd be any fanfare planned!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              Interesting coincidence that the stop happens to be at KIX, but based on those times, I can't imagine there'd be any fanfare planned!
                              The tech stop was originally slated at being Anchorage, Alaska, then changed pre-KIX announcement to KIX... but you know, I'd not put it past the Japanese to have a TV crew out there filming away at sparrow-fart to have some nice visuals for the morning TV news!

Comment

• Also FYI, cabin pics under strict embargo until SQ8878 arrives in Singapore.

Comment

Working...
                                X