The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    And BKK is getting an increase in A330 operations around the same time, so one could guess that the first B787 will replace a current A330 route.

Japan is the general rumour, so I am betting on KIX. NGO and FUK just don't seem like launch destinations.
    Actually has anybody thought of TPE as a launch route? After all it's A330 heavy and the competition (BR) already flies 1-2-1 configured 77Ws. High time SQ catches up. I believe with a TPE rotation, they can still squeeze in a KUL or CGK within the same day for some extra crew training. I was thinking it's less likely that they'd launch it on a route with no competition (i.e. secondary Japanese cities) since there's no real need to up the game.

What about ICN?

In other news, I discovered that SQ916/921 to MNL, previously the notorious 9V-SVF route, is going 773 with F from 25 March! Maybe the 787-10 is replacing a 773 route? PEK? PVG?

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
      Actually has anybody thought of TPE as a launch route? After all it's A330 heavy and the competition (BR) already flies 1-2-1 configured 77Ws. High time SQ catches up. I believe with a TPE rotation, they can still squeeze in a KUL or CGK within the same day for some extra crew training. I was thinking it's less likely that they'd launch it on a route with no competition (i.e. secondary Japanese cities) since there's no real need to up the game.
      Although I think it's unlikely for TPE to be the launch destination, I must agree it is one of the routes that is in need of some cabin products 'upgrade'. EVA Air also recently introduced their new premium economy cabin, and it remains to be seen if Singapore Airlines will be fitting PEY in their B787-10s (still awaiting the official cabin configuration announcement).

Should the new B787-10s be fitted with 9 abreast Y seating though, the seats would have around the same seat width as BR's 3-4-3 configured Y seats on their 77Ws

Comment

• More likely than not that it will be 3-3-3. SQ is going budget at the back of the bus...if they keep the seat pitch at 32 that will be good or they could reduce it to 31.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ865 View Post
          Although I think it's unlikely for TPE to be the launch destination, I must agree it is one of the routes that is in need of some cabin products 'upgrade'. EVA Air also recently introduced their new premium economy cabin, and it remains to be seen if Singapore Airlines will be fitting PEY in their B787-10s (still awaiting the official cabin configuration announcement).

Should the new B787-10s be fitted with 9 abreast Y seating though, the seats would have around the same seat width as BR's 3-4-3 configured Y seats on their 77Ws
          I agree with zilchster. TPE did come to mind for me as well. They only fly the A333 there. I thought it would eventually get a regional 359 but a 787-10 is a good guess given it is regional.

If anything, it should also be on India routes too. It doesn't need to be a launch route but it will eventually replace some 333 or 772 on those routes (i.e. MAA, BLR, BOM, DEL, CCU)

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            I agree with zilchster. TPE did come to mind for me as well. They only fly the A333 there. I thought it would eventually get a regional 359 but a 787-10 is a good guess given it is regional.

If anything, it should also be on India routes too. It doesn't need to be a launch route but it will eventually replace some 333 or 772 on those routes (i.e. MAA, BLR, BOM, DEL, CCU)
            Wow,there must be strongly researched data points on why the Dreamliners should be on these Indian routes when you make this statement. Would you like to share your data points,substantiated with notes leading to you making this statement for the knowledge of fellow members here,whom I am sure many would share a keen interest in the decision making process of capacity planning,equipment allocation,frequency adjustment and your kind wisdom and knowledge that clearly many of us are lacking here that lead to your ability to be able to make bold assumptions and statements

Comment

• SIA's first Boeing 787-10 aircraft to serve Osaka
              http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...-osaka-9939386

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
                Wow,there must be strongly researched data points on why the Dreamliners should be on these Indian routes when you make this statement. Would you like to share your data points,substantiated with notes leading to you making this statement for the knowledge of fellow members here,whom I am sure many would share a keen interest in the decision making process of capacity planning,equipment allocation,frequency adjustment and your kind wisdom and knowledge that clearly many of us are lacking here that lead to your ability to be able to make bold assumptions and statements
                Obviously think about when the A330's first came to SQ. Previously these were operated with 772 and 773 (and some still are). Since the 787-10 is regional, and the A330's are leaving (returning back to lessor), then they would at some point or another put those depending on demand. But I should have said they will replace some with the regional 359 as well.

Comment

• deleted. same message with #171.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bon View Post
                    SIA's first Boeing 787-10 aircraft to serve Osaka
                    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...-osaka-9939386
                    I believe we can see the 787 in CGK or KUL first......

Comment

• Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                      I believe we can see the 787 in CGK or KUL first......
                      https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...-osaka-445713/

Apparently its KUL and BKK.

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing SIA's 787 in a sea of JAL & ANA Dreamliners at KIX.

I'm thinking the star alliance livery will look really good on the 787-10

Comment

• SQ has revised the flight number of their afternoon rotation to KIX from SQ616 to SQ622 starting Northern Summer 2018. Anybody has got any ideas why?

Comment

• From routesonline:

Singapore Airlines today (08FEB18) opened reservation for its Boeing 787-10 operating service, set to commence in April 2018. With the configuration of J36Y301, planned 787-10 operation as follows.

Singapore – Bangkok 03APR18 – 02MAY18 SQ970/973
                            Singapore – Kuala Lumpur 03APR18 – 31MAY18 SQ118/119
                            Singapore – Osaka Kansai eff 03MAY18 SQ618/619
                            While the article you guys linked mentions about Osaka being the first regional destination, they're also giving it on regional test runs including KUL (similar to when they first received their A359).

Looking forward to the 787-10 joining the fleet

Comment

• Originally posted by Trent1000 View Post
                              Hoping they arrive in time for them to put them on the KUL-SIN leg when on my way back to MEL end of March

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
                                Hoping they arrive in time for them to put them on the KUL-SIN leg when on my way back to MEL end of March
                                The 787-10 should be delivered in late March in time to put them onto these routes.

Comment

Working...
                                X