SQ to Israel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EWR View Post
    Actually, a flight from DEL would involve very little of Saudi airspace by the great circle distance.
    Not so little. looks like through Oman, across Saudi into Jordan. Current rout refers to LY's TLV-BOM

Comment

Originally posted by ZRHKKSR View Post
      Not so little. looks like through Oman, across Saudi into Jordan. Current rout refers to LY's TLV-BOM

That's a great map! But it's also exactly my point. AI can afford to overfly Oman and Pakistan to get to Saudi Arabia and then Israel. Would LY necessarily benefit if the Saudis gave them access, because apparently they could still be locked out of Yemen and Oman and all these places..

Comment

For LY It's a matter of time, if Saudi would consent the golf nationes usually follow their big brother. As for SQ, their planners would be looking at this development.

Comment

For SQ, Malaysia and Indonesia might be in the way of overflight permits for services to Israel, even if Saudi Arabia allows it.
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
            For SQ, Malaysia and Indonesia might be in the way of overflight permits for services to Israel, even if Saudi Arabia allows it.
            What a mess.. would a fifth freedom route, say via BKK, help? Technically the SIN-BKK sector isn't to Israel (granted this would compromise competitiveness, but it might make sense given the popularity of Thailand to the Israeli market)

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
              Actually, a flight from DEL would involve very little of Saudi airspace by the great circle distance. Is AI otherwise meant to route through Central Asia and Turkey like CX does? The problem that LY has it it cannot even overfly Iran and has to go over the Indian Ocean and then the Red Sea. I wonder if this would have to be applied to all Israel bound flights no matter the airline
              Chinese dont seem to allow Indian flights through Xinjiang, nor does Pakistan allow flights serving Israel.

Comment

Don't forget also. Many of SQ crews are Malaysian and Indonesian. It will be a headache to do the roaster for TLV flight.

I think there is still other destination that more or equally important with less hassle for SQ
                visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                  Don't forget also. Many of SQ crews are Malaysian and Indonesian. It will be a headache to do the roaster for TLV flight.

I think there is still other destination that more or equally important with less hassle for SQ
                  I think the Israelis are rather experienced in this regard. They have allowed tourists from these two countries in. No stamps on the passports. No problems.

Comment

lets not get carried away on SQ flying to Isreal until a time when it becomes a reality as now its just all speculation and assumptions at this time.

Comment

A little bit more background on AI and LY.

Air India to Tel Aviv
                      /Desert Traveller

Comment

It seems more Asian airlines are moving into this market. Sichuan Airlines and Hainan will add CAN -TLV in August to its BJN and PVG to TLV flights.

Comment

Crew accommodation in Tel Aviv

There're reports .. SQ in the process of arranging crew accommodation in Tel Aviv. Below published 28 November 2018... Right click on the web page and Translate to English...

Comment

https://en.globes.co.il/en/article-s...hts-1001262777

Comment

Working...
                            X