NokScoot affected by Japanese, Korean ban on new flights from Thailand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NokScoot affected by Japanese, Korean ban on new flights from Thailand

More trouble for NokScoot before their launch...

Tokyo and Seoul civil aviation authorities this week banned new charter and scheduled flights operated by Thai-registered airlines to their countries, as they are doubtful of the Thai Civil Aviation Department's ability to meet international standards for aviation safety...

The inauguration of service to Incheon airport, South Korea's gateway hub, by NokScoot, Thailand's No.2 low-cost long-haul carrier, that was scheduled for May 10 is now halted. NokScoot's charter flights from Bangkok's Don Mueang airport to Japan starting from May 16 with 20,000 seats already sold are also suspended. Scheduled flights to Narita, the main airport serving Tokyo, by NokScoot now face further delays.
    http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...i-flyers-wings

I also wonder if this was why TG swapped out their 787 to go back to a 773 on TG649 a few weeks ago, in preparation for this.

But scheduled and charter flights to Japan and South Korea already operating will be immune from the ban on the condition they do not change the types of aircraft serving those routes, aviation executives...
    from the same article.

I read this on the flight from FUK and suspect TG went back to a 773 so that they wouldn't be forced in keeping a 787 for that route. With a 773 they have more aircraft available for TGing and, if they tell authorities they use a B777 they might also have choices to bring in their 772 and ER range.

Comment

It's not just Japan and the Republic of Korea anymore...

The People's Republic of China and Singapore have stepped into the fray. The launch of NokScoot international activities is knee-deep in muddy waters now. Maybe the title of this thread would need to be changed...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/tran...-thai-carriers

Comment

Working...
      X