B77W bulkhead IFE screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B77W bulkhead IFE screen

I am scheduled to fly SIN-ZRH & BCN-SIN (Raffles Class) on the new plane. Didn't pay attention to this when I rode the plane in December: is the IFE screen too far away for bulkhead J seats?

If it is, I think I am going to give up my 11K & 14K for 'regular' seats.

Thanks in advance.

My dear StarG,
    I think the flat screen will be further away in bulkheads. Remember that the bulkhead screen is on the wall without the cut out seat section in front of you. Personally, I will still go for bulkhead. Well after all I would rather have an overall comfort, than the notion of screen too far. But really, the creen is that big and I did not notced it last time being that far.
    Anyhow, I will check it out again this Friday. Let me know what other things concer you. Happy to check for you.

Comment

Ah okay, thanks for the reply CGK.
      I should keep the 11K outbound at least to see if it is really bothering me - will still have time to chance the return to 'regular' seat if I want to.

Comment

The big annoying thing is not the distance really, but the angle. In row 11 it's fine - the angle to your head is identical to any non bulkhead seat. in row 14, the bulkhead walls are a little higher to prevent light from entering from the galley - and as such, the screen is also set higher which makes it difficult to watch anything.

It also means that the vanity mirror is rendered useless

Comment

so finally is row 11 the best one?
          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
            so finally is row 11 the best one?
            Not necessarily

Comment

StarG, I will be on 77W tonight. Do you want me to observe about the bulkhead screen? Anything specifics you need me to check? But I don't have a ruler. So can't do any precise measurement.

Comment

My only concern is just the screen view from the bulkhead seats.
                Thanks CGK.

Comment

Quick question. Besides the screen issue on 14A/K, does proximity to the galley/lavs become a bother? Currently assigned 14K and will move if its a bother. Problem is next available window is at row21

Comment

Seated in 14A last month HKG-SIN. The sounds from the galley did become a bother, especially the clanking sounds of the plates, glassware, and silverware (even after the meal service).

Comment

A lot of this is personal preference - 14A/K is a not so good seat in the noise regard.

Comment

i'm happy with the front minicabin. It's so quiet and private
                        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I got 12A, I think.. for SQ 861 to HKG on 23MAR.

What a shock it will be for my system to get off this flight and onto.... AIR CANADA!

Comment

Working...
                          X