Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Softening Up on PPS Qualification: Courtesy Requalification

Just to report here...

I was just told by my brother-in-law, which was deeply hurt by the PPS changes and have since stopped flying SQ whenever possible, that he was just sent a renewal package for QPP even though he flew very little SQ during the past 12 months.

A letter of something about understanding 'that the world economic crisis may have affected your premium classes travel pattern' etc accompanies the new card.

I hope SQ is learning that they can't treat their loyal customers for granted during high times... although I am quite doubtful to be honest.

Originally posted by StarG View Post
    Just to report here...

I was just told by my brother-in-law, which was deeply hurt by the PPS changes and have since stopped flying SQ whenever possible, that he was just sent a renewal package for QPP even though he flew very little SQ during the past 12 months.

A letter of something about understanding 'that the world economic crisis may have affected your premium classes travel pattern' etc accompanies the new card.

I hope SQ is learning that they can't treat their loyal customers for granted during high times... although I am quite doubtful to be honest.
    you can knock me over with a feather... i'm shocked.

Comment

StarG, it is the time of the year that we are just two days away from the first day of April. You are not kidding are you?

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
        StarG, it is the time of the year that we are just two days away from the first day of April. You are not kidding are you?
        Oooh, I don't think StarG kids about things like PPS requal.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Well... is it because he is related to an esteemed TPP?

Sorry but I do think that may be a valid consideration... if they knew somehow, perhaps travelled on the same flight, checked-in together... any number of reasons. I guess he did fly premium classes quite a bit last time as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            Well... is it because he is related to an esteemed TPP?

Sorry but I do think that may be a valid consideration... if they knew somehow, perhaps travelled on the same flight, checked-in together... any number of reasons. I guess he did fly premium classes quite a bit last time as well?
            To your first question, I doubt it.

I also disagree that what you brought up is a a valid consideration. Nothing in the OP suggests checking in with a TPP. Given what you have to reveal in your KF profile, it would it take quite a bit for SQ to ferret out relationships among its pax (to give an example, for some of the 'common' elite names in the Philippines).

Previous premium class travel (he was, after all, PPS), well, that's a different matter. But keeping track of that is what good CRM systems are supposed to do anyway, right?

Comment

Quite surprising indeed.
              and I am happy for your brother in law. However, Sq would have to be cautious with the disappointment it might create with existing passengers running the extra mile to remain with SQ (if any left).
              If a softening up was underway, it should be faire and progressive:
              - first look at current PPS passengers, (e.g. reinstate year of qualification for Solitaire), or the ever promised god like treatment!
              - and active gold members for (additional benefits)
              - then, look at those who have renewed their pps status last year, but seem unlikely to renew it this year, auto requalification?
              - finally, if necessary, those qualified previous years...

Lets see how that unfolds,
              Regards

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                Oooh, I don't think StarG kids about things like PPS requal.
                Thanks. Just find it a bit hard to digest into the system at first reading after much hardening from SQ in the past couple years including PPSValue, reduction in benefits, double miles for the new aircraft.

However, I do note that during the SARS period they actually extend KF Gold by another year at least for some who don't qualified.

Comment

Good news for all PPS who will receive the extension - I am QPP1 and I will not requalify after my first year and will make no effort to maintain my status.

As there are no perks for PPS anymore that cost SQ any money, I think the extension is a strong message to customers that SQ cares for them (without SQ having to caugh up any money).

Downside of that strategy is that SQ will not achieve to bring down the number of PPS in total as planned. Hence, there is no chance of getting back some perks that so many of us would like to have back.

As far as I am concerned, SQ could get my business back by improving the PPS Club and make it worth the entrance level of 25,000 SGD. The extension is a very nice gesture but would likely not get them as much business back.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                    Thanks. Just find it a bit hard to digest into the system at first reading after much hardening from SQ in the past couple years including PPSValue, reduction in benefits, double miles for the new aircraft.

However, I do note that during the SARS period they actually extend KF Gold by another year at least for some who don't qualified.
                    Gold may have been extended too this time. I recent saw a statement with an extension by 11 months although only 12,000 elite miles have been earned. Dont know if it's a system glitch as not all pages (on the same account) indicate this "extension"

Comment

My TPP will expire at the end of April under the existing PPSV criteria, with only SGD15,000 on the books. Let's see what they do -- will they downgrade me to QPP (as they have every right to under the current rules) or will they renew my TPP? Will post an update when I find out! FYI, based on the old sector count criteria, I would have (just!) re-qualified for TPP.

Comment

If I get renewed, SQ must really be in dire straits. I don't think I've even done 1 paid SQ flight in any class in the 2008/2009 requal year and KF can clearly see that the miles I've credited to my KF are all C/Js in other Star Alliance carriers...

I wonder if SQ would give KF Gold members a courtesy requalification under current economic conditions if all the miles (say 49,000) credited during current qualifying year to KF were on other Star Alliance carriers?

Comment

My PPS suppose to end on 31st March, however "QPP" still shown on my boarding pass today.....

Comment

Originally posted by darzee View Post
                            My PPS suppose to end on 31st March, however "QPP" still shown on my boarding pass today.....
                            Can you check your account online, darzee? Does it show extension to 2010?

This might be something SQ will do 'as a special one-time favour' for QPPs.

Comment

News from a little bird earlier this week was that there will be a new scheme to allow PPS members who have fulfilled the requalification PPSV requirements to make excess PPSV count towards the subsequent requalification periods. The exact mechanism should be announced pretty soon.

This ought to stop all those traitors flying the competitors after receiving their renewal cards!

Comment

Working...
                              X