Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    Thank You. I accept this gift when you come
    Um...*cough*...I think it's you who owes me.

Now...what's the pricing at the stores over there?
    HUGE AL

Comment

Krug is now available to be purchased on board SQ as well. Gotta do some price check on my next flight.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
        Krug is now available to be purchased on board SQ as well. Gotta do some price check on my next flight.
        IIRC, they only offer the Vintage Krug...and the onboard price is quite high.
        HUGE AL

Comment

It's the '96 bottle and it's $288 (but you get 10% off Krisshop as it's over $150, I think), making it $259.20 exactly. This is cheaper than buying it at Changi Duty-Free

and I'd have bought one if I hadn't already purchased some in the weeks prior to knowing it would be in the new Krisshop

(You'd also likely get free corkage if you popped the bottle in the cabin! )

Comment

OK, somebody just edited...

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            It's the '96 bottle and it's $288 (but you get 10% off Krisshop as it's over $150, I think), making it $259.20 exactly. This is cheaper than buying it at Changi Duty-Free

and I'd have bought one if I hadn't already purchased some in the weeks prior to knowing it would be in the new Krisshop

(You'd also likely get free corkage if you popped the bottle in the cabin! )
            How does one garner the 10% off? Just for being above S$150? If the AI price is S$259.20, it's a tad less expensive than a bottle in California.

However, I (and I think this thread) was referring to the non-vintage.
            HUGE AL

Comment

Well, you could always nominate to start a Vintage Krug choice, but I think that's a bit pedantic. Krug is Krug! Kinda like F is F... or not?!

Comment

...pedantic.
                That's an awfully big word!

Krug is Krug! Kinda like F is F... or not?!
                Not true! Krug Vintage > Krug Non-Vintage -- hence the price difference.

And, as mentioned before, F is NOT F when flying UA!
                HUGE AL

Comment

Haha, oh I get it, kinda like 772 F vs 77W F *oooh*

I'm waiting for a few more weeks before I pop the cork on the vintage. It'll be my first taste and I can't wait to compare it to the non-vintage Krug.

Seriously tempted to get a regular bottle and taste both simultaneously...

Comment

Haha, oh I get it, kinda like 772 F vs 77W F *oooh*
                    Um...not exactly as you're comparing Regional F to Vastly Superior Long Haul F. I meant that UA's Flagship F JUST SUCKS in all facets.

But if you want to keep the subject on SQ F, after recently opening my heart to sincerely attempt to embrace the 744, I can say: IT TOTALLY SUCKS! Let it and its tiny seats and non-sensor faucets go! Give me the 77W any day! MAN Flyer, you owe me a Krug.

I'm waiting for a few more weeks before I pop the cork on the vintage. It'll be my first taste and I can't wait to compare it to the non-vintage Krug.

Seriously tempted to get a regular bottle and taste both simultaneously...
                    As you should. Do a blind tasting so you know which one you like for sure. And do post your tasting notes.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                      But if you want to keep the subject on SQ F, after recently opening my heart to sincerely attempt to embrace the 744, I can say: IT TOTALLY SUCKS! Let it and its tiny seats and non-sensor faucets go! Give me the 77W any day! MAN Flyer, you owe me a Krug.
                      Oi, no dissing the 744!!

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                        Oi, no dissing the 744!!
                        OH, I gotta have a bitch session with you too?!

When are we going to Denise's?
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          OH, I gotta have a bitch session with you too?!

When are we going to Denise's?

Next time you come to SIN AND actually give some advance notice...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post

Next time you come to SIN AND actually give some advance notice...
                            AGAIN, you got advanced notice the last time! You knew minutes after I knew!
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Btw, ignoring for a moment how far OT some of us have steered this thread... , would it nonetheless be better suited for the Small Talk section, rather than Airport Guides - Europe?

Comment

I'm still waiting for my original question to be answered -- which was ON topic.
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X