Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One year after PPS Changes. Any comments? Suggestions? Expectations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is quite clear that SQ do not value FFPs just look at how poor KF is let alone PPS. I understand that they must keep KF as part of *A rules but I do not understand why they just did not scrap PPS. What they have ended up with is basically just an insult to their 'best customers'.

As far as I can see SQ are concentrating totally on offering the best service in the air to keep customers. Which is perfctly valid business model (and seems to be working well). However it is a fairly high risk model as they have put all their eggs in one basket. If the quality in the air slips or others over take them then they have nothing to fall back on. Their ground service is average at best and they will find that their FFP has generated zero loyalty from customers.

Comment

Under the old PPS sector system I was doing hundreds of sectors a year. Now it looks like I will not requalify for PPS (in part due to some dodgy PPS Values applied by SQ ).

I was going to say that since the changes I've gotten no benefits from PPS over and above *G or class of travel, but then remembered I have gotten a couple of op-ups on SQ. I expect those are the last I'll ever get on SQ.

I have a few hundred thousand miles of travel booked for the next year, but no SQ flights later than next month. Air NZ and QF are now treating me better than they used to as they've both seen a significant increase in my premium business.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
        Under the old PPS sector system I was doing hundreds of sectors a year. Now it looks like I will not requalify for PPS (in part due to some dodgy PPS Values applied by SQ ).

I was going to say that since the changes I've gotten no benefits from PPS over and above *G or class of travel, but then remembered I have gotten a couple of op-ups on SQ. I expect those are the last I'll ever get on SQ.

I have a few hundred thousand miles of travel booked for the next year, but no SQ flights later than next month. Air NZ and QF are now treating me better than they used to as they've both seen a significant increase in my premium business.
        I would be curious to learn why you travel hundred thousand miles of travel and are able to shift premium business but still not qualify as PPS...

If you are mostly travelling in Y then you can still become a *G (bmi comes to my mind) and enjoy lounge access - PPS wouldn't give you more...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
          I would be curious to learn why you travel hundred thousand miles of travel and are able to shift premium business but still not qualify as PPS...
          Because I choose not to. There is no longer any point. I get pretty much the same benefits as PPS with my other *G statuses.

Comment

Comments:

- QPPs are definitely worse off in general. That was the intention, so no one was ever going to come back a year later and say things have improved.

- Personally, I am still on course to requal as QPP (and perhaps hit TPP in due course). That said, as with others, my loyalty to SQ is damaged, so am also looking to shift some spending away - and my newly minted (comped) CX Silver is a good start.

- That said, I still receive some benefits from being QPP, mainly in the area of clearing waitlists and getting good seat assignments - lot's of Row 31 in Y, and no middle seats in J.

- Recently I also received a one-time benefit which I don't wish to post in detail. However it related to a grey area in rules, and I believe that as a QPP, this helped to have the grey area interpreted in my favour.

Suggestions:

- I really think that now the PPS "cull" is over, it's high time that SQ come up with a bunch of real benefits and/or gestures to reward those who have stayed.

- Suggestion 1: If there is thought of allowing KF Saver redemptions on 77W, A345 and A380, why not allow these only for LPP/TPP/QPP?

- Suggestion 2: Revert to the policy of allowing QPP flying J to use the SKL F.

- Suggestion 3: Bring back some cost-nothing, earn customer goodwill stuff, like years qualified, boarding pass stickers, have IFS personally greet members, a-la CX.
            Last edited by milehighj; 11 September 2008, 06:35 PM. Reason: minor typos

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              Suggestions:

- I really think that now the PPS "cull" is over, it's high time that SQ come up with a bunch of real benefits and/or gestures to reward those who have stayed.

- Suggestion 1: If there is thought of allowing KF Saver redemptions on 77W, A345 and A380, why not allow these only for LPP/TPP/QPP?

- Suggestion 2: Revert to the policy of allowing QPP flying J to use the SKL F.

- Suggestion 3: Bring back some cost-nothing, earn customer goodwill stuff, like years qualified, boarding pass stickers, have IFS personally greet members, a-la CX.
              If the above suggestions was put in place, I would make the effort to requalify for QPP. If not, I would not spend the extra $1.00 to requalify. As KFG does not offer much less than what i am currently getting.

Comment

Suggestions:

I also agree with suggestions 1 & 3. No. 1 would be a big benefit for PPS members over other members. Why SQ took away some of these things (which cost them very little $$$) on no. 3 is what I haven't been able to really understand.
                For suggestion 2: I'd rather see SQ raise its JCL lounge standards to be more on par with VS Clubhouse's.

Comment

I was close to qualifying to PPS and was thinking of a way to do it , but my counter reset so now I don't have to worry about it .

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    For suggestion 2: I'd rather see SQ raise its JCL lounge standards to be more on par with VS Clubhouse's.
                    And leave the F lounge and Private Room as they are...??

Comment

And leave the F lounge and Private Room as they are...??
                      With the J side similar to VS CH, it would be a crime to do that wouldn't it?

Comment

Comments:
                        - Recently I also received a one-time benefit which I don't wish to post in detail. However it related to a grey area in rules, and I believe that as a QPP, this helped to have the grey area interpreted in my favour.
                        I am glad to hear that you receive something beyond ordinary. And yes, it's better not to be publicly posted. I have seen many who had gotten once special exception by SQ, and posted on line. It creates a precedent for other to demand same treatment. Remember that professor case about storing his luggages at SIN and wanted to get the same treatment at DPS? That's one example. And many other examples, I have seen and heard from SQ staff, how one pax wanted the same treatment or action due to a certain circumstance that happened to another flyer who posted the case on line.

Suggestions:
                        Regarding stickers, we all know it will not happen again, I believe. Well, the stickers were used inappropriately, by a few flyers who happened to get hold of them. And we know the rest of the action that had been taken.

I was told that the personal greets is still in the "things to do" lists. But again, depending on how care and how concern the crew is. Yes, I remembered I was not greeted in my flights prior to my grounded period. But other SQ staff whom I have mentioned about this said that that should not happen to me. I considered those crew were from the bad apples around.

Comment

I am still hoping they will bring back the stickers.
                          They are a really nice touch IMHO.

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                          I was told that the personal greets is still in the "things to do" lists. But again, depending on how care and how concern the crew is. Yes, I remembered I was not greeted in my flights prior to my grounded period. But other SQ staff whom I have mentioned about this said that that should not happen to me. I considered those crew were from the bad apples around.
                          I must say, during my flights this year, I noticed that some IFSes did fuss more about LPPs on board (in F, J and Y). Sadly on my Y flights I have yet to be greeted as a TPP this year, now that I think about it.
                          For Cathay, the greetings for top elites are much more consistent, in all classes. It feels as if on SQ it is recommended for the staff to do it, but on CX it is a must.

Comment

I am glad to hear that you receive something beyond ordinary. And yes, it's better not to be publicly posted. I have seen many who had gotten once special exception by SQ, and posted on line. It creates a precedent for other to demand same treatment.
                            You're right. A lot of people would demand the benefit I received.

Regarding stickers, we all know it will not happen again, I believe. Well, the stickers were used inappropriately, by a few flyers who happened to get hold of them. And we know the rest of the action that had been taken.
                            It's quite short-sighted thinking to end a good practice simply because it was abused by a minority. Besides there are so many ways to minimise abuse, like randomly changing the colour/design, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                              I am still hoping they will bring back the stickers.
                              They are a really nice touch IMHO.
                              Definitely agree with StarG. I liked the stickers when it was around. Shame about the blatant abuse by the few which spoiled it for the rest. Tells a lot about such pepetrators.

Comment

Bump up.
                                Yes, everyone now looks at the thread of "The Changes in KrisFlyer Redemption."
                                But really, we should keep discussing about a year after a change in PPS. There is definitely a change as well, or a certain direction, in terms of being TPP and LPP. Both are equally the same now. Both are Solitaire. Well that's what little birdies told me. SQ staff should treat Solitaire and Solitaire Lifetime indifferent, while it used to be Life PPS had to be treated better than Solitaire PPS. I guess these would be for the ground service, since I heard that on board, LPP is still the pita.
                                Am I dreaming again?

An example of being a pita as LPP: Seated in C class. Got the first choice of main course. Changed his/her mind. Being accomodated. Then changed again. Even after offered the main course from F, still was unhappy. And don't mention about snacks as well as extra attention needed, such as kept asking to bring the magazines to the seat.

Comment

Working...
                                X