Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LHR T5] Concorde Room

(Photos by phaleesy)

The white door from security south direct to the Concorde Room - for BA Premiers and First pax only. Club, BA gold and other plebs have to take the long way round to get to the other lounges.

Last edited by jhm; 1 May 2008, 06:43 PM.

Fireplaces (the 2nd one with moving projected art above)

The selection of alcohol in the bar is much less than that available in the FRA LH FCL let alone the FRA LH FCT. The waiting staff in the CCR were very nice and friendly - coming up to us asking whether we wanted drinks; and even giving phaleesy a mini-tour of what's available.

The menu for eating in the general lounge areas, i.e. not the dining booths where you can have a complete meal

British Airways Signature Burger -
    Prime Hereford beef burger with dry-cured smokehouse bacon and Montgomery Cheddar in sourdough bread
    Accompanied by tomato and chilli chutney, dill pickles and guacamole

Classic sausage and mash - grilled pork and leek organic sausage served with mashed potatoes flavoured with chive or horseradish, caramelised red onion gravy and crispy leeks

Dean Forest organic chicken braised with celery, rosemary-baked potato fondant, broad bean and herbed seasonings

Caerphilly cheese, spinach and leek tart served with free-range poached egg, Meon Valley watercress and beetroot salad with lemon dressing

Traditional Eggs Benedict - toasted English muffin with free-range poached eggs, Ayrshire ham and Hollandaise sauce

Chicken Caesar salad - Dean Forest organic chicken breast and romaine lettuce dressed with caesar dressing finished with garlic croutons, anchovy and Parmesan cheese

Classic Bookmaker sandwich - medium-grilled minute steak served between slices of warm buttered toast with mustard, parsley and sweetcorn relish

Desserts and Cheese

Caramelised lemon tart with creme fraiche and tarragon sorbet

Warm apple cake with crumble topping, orange sabayon sauce and raspberry puree

Strawberry milkshake - strawberries, home-made ice cream and Jersey cream milk

Best of British Cheese trolley - Choose from a selection on our trolley showcasing fine British cheese accompanied by oatcakes and chutneys
    Last edited by jhm; 1 May 2008, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Board Room with genuine Concorde chairs

The PCs are hidden - they rise out of the table

Concorde Dining (with its own menu and wine list but we forgot to take a photo of those)

Last edited by jhm; 1 May 2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

The Terrace (I think the views are better from the Galleries First Terrace)

Comment

Cabana 1 (locked and/or in use ?)

Cabana 2 (out of service)

The other entrance to the Concorde Room (the long way round past the shops)

The lounge was very quiet and empty - no doubt due to most of BA's longhauls still operating out of the other terminals.

The Concorde Room is a nice lounge but it seems that more effort/money was spent on Galleries First which looks much more arty and unique.

phaleesy (who's now been to both the CCR and the SIN T3 SKL F) thinks that the SKL F is much more impressive (although her personal preference is for the CCR's understated simple (but expensive) decor).
          Last edited by jhm; 1 May 2008, 06:46 PM.

Comment

I am speechless. This Concorde Lounge is very nice. It makes the SKL F in T3 looks like a shed. SQ should be ashamed for not putting a lot of effort into in its new F lounge. When is SQ going to learn?

By the way, is BA Premier the same as Solitaire or it is higher up in BA tier?

Comment

I think it does look nice especially whilst it is so empty will have to see how crowded it gets once all the longhaul flights have moved to T5

BA Premier is the high level for BAEC and is by invitation only, you need to be a celeb or be the budget holder of one of BA large corporate customers to get an invite.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                By the way, is BA Premier the same as Solitaire or it is higher up in BA tier?
                BA Premier is by invitation only - I can't remember the rumoured criteria now but it involves being in control of a very large travel spend or being someone famous/influential who would be beneficial to BA. In other words, I don't think you can achieve it merely by flying.

Comment

Thanks.

The Galleries First lounge also looks stunning. Looks like BA actually puts a lot of effort in making all of their lounges comfortable and luxurious at T5.

Comment

Thanks phalessy & jhm.
                    Stylish, spacious & classy. Very impressive indeed.

Sad to say, this is the type of lounge even SQ First Class customers can only dream of.

Comment

just a note of interest - the concorde room looks far far far nicer than the minister-level only VIP lounge in Heathrow.

The only good thing about the VIP lounge is that you are allowed to drive straight to your plane from the lounge itself.
                      Last edited by kelvgoh; 2 May 2008, 01:13 AM.

Comment

thank you very much jhm. that was most impressive. hope you and phaleesy had a great time.

Comment

Very cool, jhm! Just curious, how do you guys think the CCR compares to the LHR VS Clubhouse?
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            Very cool, jhm! Just curious, how do you guys think the CCR compares to the LHR VS Clubhouse?
                            We have not gone to the LHR VS Clubhouse before.

Comment

Very nice, and thanks for the pics jhm & phaleesy.

Though I still think that horse fixture looks weird.
                              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                              X