Lunch near Rennes, Brittany - AF/Brit Air ATR42/ATR72

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch near Rennes, Brittany - AF/Brit Air ATR42/ATR72

Just a few pictures from my trip earlier this month to Cancale, Brittany in northwest France for lunch at Les Maisons de Bricourt.

I finished work on Friday afternoon. Tube to Paddington; HEX to LHR T4; BA to Paris CDG; overnight at the Sheraton CDG (so pleasant to be able to stroll there from CDG arrivals without waiting and waiting and paying through the nose for a LHR Hoppa bus!); and the next morning, Air France Coach to Paris ORY.

The ORY flight to Rennes (RNS) has an AF code but is operated by Brit Air (not to be confused with British Airways!). The ATR42 turboprop was leased from Airlinair.

A trolley service offering a croissant or pastry plus a hot or cold drink during the flight.

On arrival at RNS, we collected our hire car and it was about 45 minutes from there to Cancale at last! We came all the way for this ?!?

It was part of a tasting menu (Images of Saint Malo County) and after lots of small portions (and several hours), we were happy! This was the French menu (which I can only make out the odd words here and there):

Image du Pays Malouin: Au gré du vent et de la lune
    * Pétoncles et eau de concombre
    * Saint Pierre cru, moutarde celtique et gingembre
    * Petits rougets de roche et tafia du marin
    * Petit homard au vin de xérès et cacao
    * Blanc de barbue aux épices des minorités
    * Agneau et saveurs équinoxiales
    * Table de fromages et crème fermière
    * Les framboises, l’eau de rose et parfum de fleurs de sureau
    * Les graines de café de Monsieur de la Merveille
    Repeat in reverse for the trip back home. This time, it was a slightly larger ATR72 which arrived back in CDG rather than ORY.

(That's me at the back there next to the lady who would relieve passengers of their large hand luggage which would go into the hold but would be handed back immediately after deplaning.)
    Last edited by jhm; 3 July 2007, 03:04 AM.

Very nice! (Air France actually pulls off a very good domestic service, if I'm to base such an assessment on some ORY-NCE flights I've taken.)

So, no hand luggage at all, or just if your bag did not meet her visual inspection. Was the request to give up your luggage done with that endearing formal French politesse?
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Only if your bag did not meet her visual inspection - I was fine with my laptop bag but not if I had taken my rollaboard.

I know exactly what you mean by "endearing formal French politesse" - it's the way the crew and French pax greet each other on board which I find so charming! Certainly nothing like that with British pax.

Comment

Nice one. Thanks for sharing.

Hey, those portions are tiny but nicely presented ....I'll go hungry.

Comment

Yummmmm....
          Good vino or bubbly to boot?

Thanks for sharing.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Wow...nice interior for the AF domestic

The food looks good too...hmmm....maybe Paris next year for honeymoon ?

Comment

Wow that is quite some way to go for lunch. But the food does look good.

Comment

c'est magnifique!

Comment

That's an awesome way to spend a weekend!

How about some pictures on the food SLURP!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    I know exactly what you mean by "endearing formal French politesse" - it's the way the crew and French pax greet each other on board which I find so charming! Certainly nothing like that with British pax.
                    Same thing in stores and phamacies. The greetings cheer me up.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. The food does look good. Anymore pictures of the food?

Comment

I didn't realise people would be interested in the food pictures as well! Here they are (with what I can still remember):

Brittany salted butter; one of which comes with seaweed

Various tit bits to start the meal (some eaten before the photo could be taken ) - sesame and seaweed dumpling, mackerel satay, turnip/crunchy rice/tomato mixture on the spoon

Prawn and pimiento; sea bass and ???; scallop and pineapple - on a bed of salt

Scallop and ginger; monkfish; ??? - with sesame sauce; sour plum sauce; etc

Oyster and mushroom risotto

Bouillon with langoustines etc

Lobster with a peanut sauce ?; cocoa powder

Cod with asparagus and seaweed

Lamb with Indian spices

My selection of cheeses from the trolley

Last edited by jhm; 22 July 2007, 08:51 AM.

Comment

First dessert (exotic fruits; yoghurt; red jelly underneath not visible)

Second dessert (coffee cream caramel (with a lemongrass taste ?) and pistachio ice cream; with a lime slice on the side)

Avocado and lime; some sort of alcoholic infusion

Chocolate and ginger, framboise, caramel and marshmallows in the garden with tea, coffee, infusions etc

Last edited by jhm; 3 July 2007, 04:05 AM.

Comment

One word:

WOW.

That looked absolutely amazing. Vive la cuisine française.

Comment

How about some credit for the photographer and diligent notes-taker?

Jhm was too busy gobbling up the food to do otherwise!

Comment

Working...
                              X