Chicago Trip on UA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Trip on UA

Since I posted the pic on UA cockpit in the other post, I might as well post the other photos here.

This trip was done half a year ago when I had to travel to Chicago over the new year for a conference. The outbound leg was on the 28th Dec, the few days when internet links all over Asia were down due to the broken cables in Taiwan (due to earthquake if I am not wrong). Even at the RCC, the internet connections were very very slow...but couldn't help it

Here's a pic of the UA RCC in HKIA:

I managed to secure a seat at the upper-deck...load was not even 50% if I recalled...but it was definitely full at the Y cabin. Although the C seat is a non lie-flat type (SQ or CX), it's still wide enough and comfortable enough for me. I managed to catch some sleep for the long trip to Chicago. There were 2 FAs serving the upper-deck...one of them a 50++ granny and the other one is a very cold-looking Asian lady Definitely not SQ or CX standard in this aspect

The upper-deck cabin of UA B744:

The UA C seat:

The meals...starting with the salad:

Then the maincourse...which was yummy

Followed by the pre-arrival meal...the inedible pizza

Overall, a suprisingly pleasant trip on UA Business Class.

More pictures in Chicago....

Chicago Chinatown:

Bahai Temple of Worship:

Evanston, near Northwestern University:

Chicago Downtown:

Millenium Park:

Ice-skating in winter :

Cloud Gate, Millenium Park:

Comment

Thanks for sharing, YK@HKG.

Hmmm, I really do need to pay a proper visit to Chicago. (Don't worry, cawhite, you'd get plenty of advanced warning. )
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
        Since I posted the pic on UA cockpit in the other post, I might as well post the other photos here...
        Thanks for sharing with us - glad it was a pretty good trip for you. I assume you've learned to never never never again order the pizza on any airline?

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
          I assume you've learned to never never never again order the pizza on any airline?

I take it that the result is worse than for garlic bread?
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

I take it that the result is worse than for garlic bread?
            Pretty much. At least you have a chance of getting a decent slice of garlic bread.

Comment

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Ugh I could swear that pizza looked (and probably tasted) the same on AA.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I assume you've learned to never never never again order the pizza on any airline?
                I'd have done the same as YK@HKG - flying to Chicago, you have to order the Chicago-style pizza ... right ?

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Where do you think I first learned not to order pizza on an airplane?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    I'd have done the same as YK@HKG - flying to Chicago, you have to order the Chicago-style pizza ... right ?
                    It's about as Chicago-style as the stuff you'd purchase in the grocer's freezer section. Sometime when you're in Chicago (likewise for NYC if I can make it), we'll go for real pizza.

Comment

Sometime when you're in Chicago (likewise for NYC if I can make it), we'll go for real pizza.
                      Looking forward to it!

Comment

Thanks for sharing with us - glad it was a pretty good trip for you. I assume you've learned to never never never again order the pizza on any airline?
                        Thanks for the comments. Indeed, it was a very good trip, partly due to the surprisingly mild winter at that time. Yes, I WOULD NEVER order any pizza again, esp on US-based airlines

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post

Its totally inedible...I had a bite and immediately asked the FA to take it away Had to ask for a fruit platter to fill my stomach....

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                            Yes, I WOULD NEVER order any pizza again, esp on US-based airlines
                            You mean you still order pizza on non-US-based airlines? Tsk tsk tsk...

Comment

Take me back to Chicago
                              Why don't you take me back
                              Take me back
                              take me back
                              To Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                              X