Flying DL TransAtlantic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying DL TransAtlantic

Since I got my matching for DL Gold as well as NW Gold, I did couple of DL flights for transatlantic. Well, not always taking pictures of the flights or meals, but here are a few of the pictures I took.

One time when taking MXP-JFK, it was a bus gate. Thus, the aircraft was parked somewhere out there. And while taking the bus, here is the view of couples Alitalia planes.

First time I took DL, I was too shy to take pictures. Yeah, I had a completely different feeling after getting used to the UA flights. My first DL experience was not good. I wish I was on UA C instead of DL C. I was unfortunate to get the old seats of DL. The view of the cabin look like this:

Well, it was not a C class experience. No menu. What I hear all the time was something like: Beef, fish, pasta or soup?.
    The video was not working properly and I was sleeping most of the flight anyway. My conclusion of this flight was not worth the money, and DL was a million miles behind UA C.

Of course, it was not a good idea to make a conclusion just from one sample only. I took couple more DL flights, and they were not bad. As a UA flyer, what I can say is that I just have to switch my mind set to the fact that I fly DL.

The newer seats are better. As you can see the difference is in the seat pocket compare to the picture of the old seat.

And, the seat are all leather.

The consistent item so far is the fact that one bottle water is always ready on the seat while boarding. The amenity kit is very basic. The good news is the fact that the newer seats have AVOD. So it's easier to kill time.

The novel is for comparison in terms of the size of the screen.

Again, so far in all my DL flights the FAs always made a comment how they love me being a pax who is happy and polite. Well, I could understand the comment. Something always bothering me in the DL flights... Before taking off, the FAs always go around checking whether the footrests have been stowed and the seats are in upright position. I notice that it's always there were naughty pax. Once the FAs seated, he or she would start to recline and move up the food rest. But again, I can not generalized this. Most of my flights were departed from Italy. (LukeGT, is that an Italian culture to do against the rule? )

Will continue with sample of the menu later.

Comment

Meals

DL meals start with appetiser, soup or salad, main course, cheese/fruits, dessert. Here some pictures from my recent flight;

Appetiser

Soup (I chose soup minestrone instead of salad)

Main course (Most of pax preferred pasta. I went for the beef)

I skipped cheese and fruits. Had the ice cream as dessert. It was in a mug. And it was a lot. Can't finish it.

Comment

Great Pics I hear the DL Sundae is very nice. Any pics of that?

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
          My conclusion of this flight was not worth the money, and DL was a million miles behind UA C.
          As a regular DL pax disgusted with DL's international C-class service (relative to other airlines, that is; relative to DL Y, it's grand), I consider this a very positive comment insofar as I just plunked down a few dollars for a certain UA transpac ex-SFO bound for the South Pacific. No details, please don't ask. I'm hoping that ride will deliver more than my last transatlantic DL experiences. <blech!>

For the record, the most offensive (and I REALLY mean that) aspect of DL transatlantic C--known as "BusinessElite" or "BE" to DL regulars--is that the "wine" (read: Argentine and Spanish swill) must have cost DL no more than $3 a bottle and was thoroughly un-drinkable. "Blanco" ISN'T A GRAPE! It's a color.

SQ probably pays about $15 or $20 a bottle for the white wines it serves in First Class. And they're excellent wines-- at 39,000 feet or sea level. I know. I've been to the winery. For pax paying $6,000+ roundtrip transatlantic, DL can start serving wine that's actually potable.

Then we can talk about the FA's.

Comment

Oh, and as a descriptive, "appetiser" is really pushing it (see above).

Comment

One more....

Judging by the photos, CGK, you lucked out. You got the "Refreshed" DL BusinessElite cabin.

Yeah, real fresh.

Kinda like what you got on SQ SIN-MXP.

You can see the difference between CGK's Post #1 and Post #2. #1 is the old cabin. #2 is the new one. Lots of enhancements there.
              Last edited by MegatopLover; 21 May 2007, 11:38 AM.

Comment

At least it was plated for you rather than brought out & served on a tray.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                  At least it was plated for you rather than brought out & served on a tray.
                  Thanks for reminded me. Yes, on UA or SQ (not 77W) C, the meals are on the tray. On DL there was no tray.

Comment

Fair point re trays. I'd still rather be on SQ any day of the week. Surely won't get much disagreement in this forum.
                    Last edited by MegatopLover; 21 May 2007, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Of course SQ is better even with tray!

Comment

Of course SQ is better even with tray!
                        I don't think you'll find too many who will argue with that.

Comment

One time when taking MXP-JFK, it was a bus gate. Thus, the aircraft was parked somewhere out there. And while taking the bus, here is the view of couples Alitalia planes.
                          they'are definitely on strike, aren't they!?!?
                          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

LukeGT, is that an Italian culture to do against the rule? )
                            yes it is. This is the reason why i'm not proud of being italian
                            There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                            If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

So, what's the difference between the old and the refreshed BE seats? The colors and the netted pockets? Well, at least Delta has decided to do better now with the new lie flat seats that it will start to put in.

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                              yes it is. This is the reason why i'm not proud of being italian
                              I know a lot of Italians who are the best of the gentlemen including you, LukeGT.

Comment

Working...
                              X