No announcement yet.

New KF redemption rates after 1 March 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new rate has kicked in and new bookings will have to use the revised rate.

The saver availability on premium aircrafts will be available only from 8 March onwards ( 1 more week to go).

Comment

• Booked 4 nice F savers SIN > GRU before the 8th March

Not sure what happened, but last night (4th March) early hours of today (5th March) the saver inventory was open on various, but not all sectors. Managed to get 4 F savers SIN > GRU no problem (all ticketed)

I then noticed at 3am (local time Japan) the website crashed. During my searches also noticed some strange behaviour...

Comment

• Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
        Not sure what happened, but last night (4th March) early hours of today (5th March) the saver inventory was open on various, but not all sectors. Managed to get 4 F savers SIN > GRU no problem (all ticketed)

I then noticed at 3am (local time Japan) the website crashed. During my searches also noticed some strange behaviour...
        nice. would have been better to book GRU-SIN. No nasty YQ

Comment

• Just snagged C upgrade Saver award on SFO to SIN's 77W.

Pleasant surprise as I was expecting SQ to stick to their official date later this week. Woot Woot!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ Queen View Post
            Just snagged C upgrade Saver award on SFO to SIN's 77W.

Pleasant surprise as I was expecting SQ to stick to their official date later this week. Woot Woot!

Yes, it seems US destinations have been released early. More surprising is multiple F Savers on the one flight in some instances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chesty View Post
              Yes, it seems US destinations have been released early. More surprising is multiple F Savers on the one flight in some instances.
              Multiple F savers is certainly welcome..

Separately, I noticed that Upgrade saver awards on some European sectors are open for wait listing - the Saver Awards (non-upgrades) still draw a blank though..

Comment

• Hmmm i'm confused... Tried to book C or F saver to MEL and SYD but found it that C & F Saver are not available for 77W and 773A (F). Any idea guys? My flights depart after 1 April so F and C saver should be available right?

Comment

• Originally posted by aagan View Post
                  Hmmm i'm confused... Tried to book C or F saver to MEL and SYD but found it that C & F Saver are not available for 77W and 773A (F). Any idea guys? My flights depart after 1 April so F and C saver should be available right?
                  Date of release is officially from 8th March onwards.

Even then, not all dates may have Saver inventory (could be wrong on this one).

Comment

To be clear, the fact that I managed to get at these Saver awards was luck and I am sure it was not the intention of SIA. There was/still is a system issue from what I can still see, after my bookings were confirmed I phoned PPS club who argued with me telling me it was impossible to book Savers Awards with latest products until March 8th without exception...

This was not the case for all routes and all dates (I checked other routes). I have noticed inconsistencies, which I guess will be resolved after the 8th when the change is applied properly and officially. I can confirm I finally secured Saver awards bookings (ticketed) for 8 long haul flights in F (77W) and 2 Business Saver awards in J (388).

If you try with certain connection to other routes and markets I noticed the Saver awards were not always possible, I also noticed more F than J saver availability based upon what I found. Having said that I got everything I wanted before the 8th March. The first and only time SQ website did something good for me

Comment

To be clear, the fact that I managed to get at these Saver awards was luck and I am sure it was not the intention of SIA. There was/still is a system issue from what I can still see, after my bookings were confirmed I phoned PPS club who argued with me telling me it was impossible to book Savers Awards with latest products until March 8th without exception...

This was not the case for all routes and all dates (I checked other routes). I have noticed inconsistencies, which I guess will be resolved after the 8th when the change is applied properly and officially. I can confirm I finally secured Saver awards bookings (ticketed) for 8 long haul flights in F (77W) and 2 Business Saver awards in J (388).

If you try with certain connection to other routes and markets I noticed the Saver awards were not always possible, I also noticed more F than J saver availability based upon what I found. Having said that I got everything I wanted before the 8th March. The first and only time SQ website did something good for me
                      Still can't book SIN HKG on F saver (77W) as of now. Will keep trying at 12 Midnight 8 March 2012! Hope the website won't crash by all of us haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by darklord-x View Post
                        Still can't book SIN HKG on F saver (77W) as of now. Will keep trying at 12 Midnight 8 March 2012! Hope the website won't crash by all of us haha.
                        Here is a random example, Business Saver award (388) at 34000 miles.

As said there are First Saver awards on 77W but you have to find them, for sure only useful if you need these routes. Otherwise you need to wait until the 8th.

Comment

• I have a saver booking I made in Nov. for 2 pax to ORD on SQ/OZ to ORD of which I wanted to change the dates and I was willing to terminate the flights at JFK/EWR (same zone) in order to stay on SQ however I was told I'd need to top up the mileage difference.

I'm presuming that this is because my booking was a *A redemption and not an SQ redemption?
                          The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                            I have a saver booking I made in Nov. for 2 pax to ORD on SQ/OZ to ORD of which I wanted to change the dates and I was willing to terminate the flights at JFK/EWR (same zone) in order to stay on SQ however I was told I'd need to top up the mileage difference.

I'm presuming that this is because my booking was a *A redemption and not an SQ redemption?
                            No top up required if your routing is not changed.

Comment

• It's cheaper to stay on SQ and book online.

Why don't you cancel and rebook?

Comment

Working...
                              X