B77W: SIN-HKG (SQ 862)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B77W: SIN-HKG (SQ 862)

As promised, here's a short trip report of my trip back to HKG on board the new B77W (SQ 862). I wanted to get it upgraded to C, but was unsuccessful in doing so. So, I had to settle for the new Y.

Once on board the plane, I took two quick pictures of the Y cabin (while it's still empty!). The ambience was definitely better than the usual Y cabin, with fresh new seats, pillows and blankets (I think these are made by Givency suprisingly).

Here's also a pic of me sitting in the exit row seat:

and one with the leading stewardess:

The Y-seat was definitely comfortable, with new features and a much improved IFE. The screen was definitely wider and most importantly, it's AVOD. I enjoyed watching the Singaporean movie during the journey back to HKG.

Food wise, I forgot what was I served...but...it was okay.

On average, a pleasant journey on board the new plane in Y Hopefully, the next trip on B777W will be a long-haul C.

I like those seat colors, but those carpets make me wanna

Comment

Hi YK, your orange Burberry long sleeve shirt definitely matched the new Y cabin very well and you look very handsome in it as well. The should let a decent handsome man like you to upgrade to the front cabin.
      Look forward for more posts from you .

Comment

Originally posted by Jetsetter View Post
        Hi YK, your orange Burberry long sleeve shirt definitely matched the new Y cabin very well and you look very handsome in it as well. The should let a decent handsome man like you to upgrade to the front cabin.
        Look forward for more posts from you .
        Wow...u can spot the small Burberry logo eh ?

Since its 1st of Feb in 2 hrs...it would require me 30k miles to upgrade from Y to C for the new 77W

Comment

Nice report - thanks for sharing!

I like the warm and homey feel of the new cabin.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            I like those seat colors, but those carpets make me wanna
            Well said. And here I was looking for a disco ball hanging somewhere.

Comment

Will be taking hopefully the 77W again next week for another business trip to SG.

Comment

Actually, those carpets are now reminding me of Kueh Lapis.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                  Actually, those carpets are now reminding me of Kueh Lapis.
                  Ahh...indeed....yummy....

Comment

I like the warm and homey feel of the new cabin. [/QUOTE]

Yeah but the problem is that the colours kinda clashes with the blue batik uniforms of the FA. I suppose its a matter of getting used to it.

Nice report YK.

Comment

nice, although the new seats are more advance and comfortable. I still prefer the old purple, blue and pink seats. The cabin had more warmth. But this will do.

Comment

Nice - any pics of the meals ?

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
                          nice, although the new seats are more advance and comfortable. I still prefer the old purple, blue and pink seats. The cabin had more warmth. But this will do.
                          Yeah, me 2, i prefer the old blue-colored seat, it's more soothing I think.

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                            Yeah, me 2, i prefer the old blue-colored seat, it's more soothing I think.
                            Add me to the list. IMO, I think if they had put the blue color in where the brick-colored seats are, it would have looked far better.

Comment

I think the colors (and carpet - sorry Savage25 ) looks okay.
                              But overall it just doesn't look 'SQ' anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X