No announcement yet.

New York Sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're making me miss my former home, SQFAN.

Lovely trip report!
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

A set of beautiful pics indeed - thanks SQFAN.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
        Maybe the most in Y+, F and C to the other side of the world? Not happening for me now, only the rich people can afford it. C to anywhere in the world, not bad for a teen. Anyway, as long as I'm flying Y on SQ or CX it should be fine. I fly like I drink water? Impossible in my life unless I strike gold!
        Tsskkk tssskkk ....
        Well, not all pax in F and C are rich! Some are savvy travellers.
        When I was still in school at UPenn, I started to learn about frequent flyer program. Yeah, earning miles, while flying in the back of the plane... later on I had a higher status. Then UA started to give out upgrade possibilities. I think after two years, i was flying trans-atlantic on LH in C. I was poor poor student at that time.
        Anyway, my point is that not all C and F pax are rich. Don't get intimidated by it.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          You're making me miss my former home, SQFAN.

Lovely trip report!
          Thank you...but hey, it's only a short 7hrs flight from where you are.

Originally posted by UMD View Post
          Too bad I suck big time at taking night pictures.
          You may be surprised to know that I used a compact Canon digital Ixus 55 which is a few years old. I set my camera on Manual and IIRC, played about with the autowhite balance and changing the ISO to 400 (max on my camera). You can see the noise graininess due to the high ISO as well as resting my camera on something solid to prevent any camera shake.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
            ...but hey, it's only a short 7hrs flight from where you are.
            Yes, I get the most value from my oneworld FFPs out of those short-ish TATL hops between LHR and NYC. The frequency of flights on BA and AA is fantastic.
            Last edited by jjpb3; 17 June 2007, 08:54 PM. Reason: oops

Comment

You may be surprised to know that I used a compact Canon digital Ixus 55 which is a few years old. I set my camera on Manual and IIRC, played about with the autowhite balance and changing the ISO to 400 (max on my camera). You can see the noise graininess due to the high ISO as well as resting my camera on something solid to prevent any camera shake.
              ISO 400 on the IXUS is real real grainy. I think ISO 200 is good enough if you have a tripod. I used to take my night pics with ISO 400 and it was very disappointing. Mine was the Canon IXUS 750 (it broke down ) and is the same generation as yours. You didn't bring a tripod?

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                Tsskkk tssskkk ....
                Well, not all pax in F and C are rich! Some are savvy travellers.
                When I was still in school at UPenn, I started to learn about frequent flyer program. Yeah, earning miles, while flying in the back of the plane... later on I had a higher status. Then UA started to give out upgrade possibilities. I think after two years, i was flying trans-atlantic on LH in C. I was poor poor student at that time.
                Anyway, my point is that not all C and F pax are rich. Don't get intimidated by it.
                Okay. I guess the rich are mainly those who only flies from SIN to USA in C by buying a full ticket. So I guess you flown LH in C by redeeming your miles in the past? I'm trying to get an upgrade ticket to C sooner or later. It depends on my luck...

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN
                  I shall finish my set of pictures with aviation related ones. FYI, I chose the Bell for better visibility than the other helicopter company which uses Aerospatiale helicopter.
                  Wow! I thot that the Eco-Star was the premier touring helo compared to the Bell.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Wow! I thot that the Eco-Star was the premier touring helo compared to the Bell.
                    I am just a simple chap. I made my 'maximum visibility' decision on the basis of window size, non-tinted nature of the windows as well as internal seat configuration... Lo and behold I was given the front left hand seat.

Comment

I am just a simple chap. I made my 'maximum visibility' decision on the basis of window size, non-tinted nature of the windows as well as internal seat configuration... Lo and behold I was given the front left hand seat.
                      And we applaud your choice, as we got to see awesome pics.

Comment

Nice pics SQFAN. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

lovely pics, was just in new york in may. really hot this time of year eh

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, ILoveSQ!

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesq View Post
                              lovely pics, was just in new york in may. really hot this time of year eh
                              It was OK in late May but when I was there two days ago, it was really hot and sticky. It was some high twenties.

Comment

It was OK in late May but when I was there two days ago, it was really hot and sticky. It was some high twenties.
                                Yup that's New York City for you. August is even worse than July. You understand why many New Yorkers have summer shares for the weekends.

Comment

Working...
                                X