No announcement yet.

Flying DL TransAtlantic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was there a reason you did not fly AZ on this route? Has anyone flown their 777 in business MXP-JFK-MXP?

Comment

DL arrives in T2/3 at JFK. Being foreigner, it makes the immigration process quicker, i.e. less wait in line compare to the US Citizens/Green Card line.
      AZ arrives in T1. There are many LH flights and other foreign airlines. Longer lines for visitors.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
        DL arrives in T2/3 at JFK. Being foreigner, it makes the immigration process quicker, i.e. less wait in line compare to the US Citizens/Green Card line.
        AZ arrives in T1. There are many LH flights and other foreign airlines. Longer lines for visitors.
        That's the mark of a frequent traveller, isn't it: choosing arrival times and terminals partly by the length of the immigration queue?
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

How about service? I hear AZ can be hit or miss....

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            Was there a reason you did not fly AZ on this route? Has anyone flown their 777 in business MXP-JFK-MXP?
            yes i did, in Y
            There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
            If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              How about service? I hear AZ can be hit or miss....

Savage, it depends on the crew. But when flying AZ, my expectation are always very very reasonable.

Comment

The other half has decided to get FB silver (15 segments) on the basis that KL back home to SIN will probably be cheaper than (say) SQ, BA etc and priority check-in would be useful.

This has meant so far taking AF to/from CDG (arriving back in London an hour after I arrived on a BA flight also from CDG despite the BA flight being scheduled to leave later ) and two segment runs to Bari and Verona (9 AZ Y segments ). I'll be interested to hear how good the AZ experience is given that I'm lucky enough not to be going.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                  But when flying AZ, my expectation are always very very reasonable.
                  How does one translate that from Italian? Is LukeGT saying that he keeps a low expectation? Am I reading it correctly?

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  I'll be interested to hear how good the AZ experience is given ...
                  Well, everytime I have taken AZ out of LHR T2, it has been delayed. Once it was an hour and another 3 hours. Both occasions, I missed my connections. Service is nothing to speak off. ..but at the very rare times, you get young, fresh (inexperienced but friendly) cabin crew. [SQFAN refers to the female variety]

Hey, I even speak a few words of Italian when conversing with the cabin crew. Don't get me wrong, I love everything Italian except Alitalia and the strikes.
                  Last edited by SQFAN; 5 June 2007, 04:32 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

This has meant so far taking AF to/from CDG (arriving back in London an hour after I arrived on a BA flight also from CDG despite the BA flight being scheduled to leave later )
                    This was only yesterday evening but out of the blue today, she received today an unsolicited e-mail from AF apologising for the delay and saying that 1,000 FB miles would be credited. Now, that's proactive service!

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                      How does one translate that from Italian? Is LukeGT saying that he keeps a low expectation? Am I reading it correctly?

yes i meant this!
                      Luke

Comment

This was only yesterday evening but out of the blue today, she received today an unsolicited e-mail from AF apologising for the delay and saying that 1,000 FB miles would be credited. Now, that's proactive service!
                        I always like getting messages like that!

Comment

I'll be interested to hear how good the AZ experience is given that I'm lucky enough not to be going.
                          Good Luck!!!

Ok, it really depends. Based on my previous experiences, VRN should be fine, BRI a little bit more complicate. But as you know, every leg on AZ has its own story.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                            Don't get me wrong, I love everything Italian except Alitalia and the strikes.

Comment

I flew once with DL in C ( I think it was a continental flight in America) the food was unpalatable but the ice cream was really great.

regards m
                              You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by hon2 View Post
                                ... but the ice cream was really great.
                                No wonder that the FA was so surprised that I did not finished my ice cream sundae! Hmm loosing weight is my next goal!

Comment

Working...
                                X