SQ 815, PVG - SIN, delayed due to weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ 815, PVG - SIN, delayed due to weather

I am at PVG's SKL now and SQ 815 is delayed for 3 hours due to heavy fog in Shanghai this morning. The incoming aircraft (SQ 816) was rerouted to HKG this morning and has now just departed from HKG on its way back to PVG.

The new departure time now is at 11:10 am instead of the schedule 08:05 am.

The lounge is hectic and very full. SQ lets some of its Y pax in the lounge - looks like these are Krisflyer Gold pax as well as those with connecting flight at SIN. The lounge dragon is now very busy trying to make sure the lounge will remain fully stocked with foods. He had just made a phone call to the caterer and managed to get the foods allocated for the midnight SQ 835 to be delivered at about 10:00 am this morning.

I have to say so far the dragon is handling the situation pretty well.
    Last edited by UMD; 23 June 2007, 08:02 AM.

Originally posted by UMD View Post
    The lounge dragon is now very busy trying to make sure the lounge will remain fully stocked with foods. He had just made a phone call to the caterer and managed to get the foods allocated for the midnight SQ 835 to be delivered at about 10:00 am this morning.

I have to say so far the dragon is handling the situation pretty well.
    You gotta love ground staff like the lounge dragon. Bravo to him.

And what's this ... SQ being nice to EGs?
    Originally posted by UMD View Post
    The lounge is hectic and very full. SQ lets some of its Y pax in the lounge - looks like these are Krisflyer Gold pax as well as those with connecting flight at SIN.
    Did SQ recently receive a heart transplant?

Seriously, though, sounds like the airline many of us have developed an affection for. Well done, dealing with the weather-induced delay.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

It must have been a tight squeeze in there then as it's not big enough to handle those who are normally allowed in anyway. Most outside SKL's are not too clever, and PVG is high on the list of poor lounges.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        It must have been a tight squeeze in there then as it's not big enough to handle those who are normally allowed in anyway. Most outside SKL's are not too clever, and PVG is high on the list of poor lounges.
        Agree with you on that, the lounge is rather small. Its saving grace; to me anyways; is the Hainanese Chicken Rice they have there. YUM!

Comment

After the lounge was full, SQ actually directed its EG members to lounge no. 37 ( I believe this is one of those contract lounge on the upper level ).

There was 1 angry passenger flying Y who insisted he needed to be at Singapore before 3 pm and SQ managed to get him on a GA flight which left at around 10:15. SQ 816 managed to arrive in Shanghai at about 10:20 and parked on Gate 14 (which is at the far end opposite SKL which is around Gate 23 / 24). Boarding commenced at about 11:30. Departure was then delayed again because the tow car for push back was broken. After about 10 mins, we managed to get a new tow car and push back was initiated but due to the traffic at PVG, we were apparently No. 7 for departure and that caused additional 27 mins. delay. The flight only took off at 12:45 pm. So, the total delay time was 4:40 mins.

Our flight did not arrive in Singapore until 5:00 pm and I missed my original connecting flight on SQ 960 to CGK. SQ put several of us on SQ 962 which was changed to the same 773 aircraft that I flew in from Shanghai (SYF)instead of 345. The SIN-CGK crew told me that they were supposed to be working on 345 but due to the delay, SQ had a last minute aircraft change because it needed to wait for several connecting passengers from PVG. SQ also decided for the aircraft change because it wanted to keep the SIN - LAX on time.

Because of the late incoming flight from PVG, there were 4 other flights out of Singapore which were delayed.
          Last edited by UMD; 25 June 2007, 04:35 PM.

Comment

interesting that it was diverted into HK - as 2 yrs back my shanghai flight was diverted to guangzhou due high winds from typhoon. Thought being a Shanghai bound flight; SQ would divert to a nearby mainland city - as in an uneventful cancellation some of the chinese pax can be easily accomodated and leave the airport than at HK where even mainland chinese national would require a visa.

Comment

Working...
            X