No announcement yet.

QF J SIN-LHR-SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good report, upright man. Nice pictures too. Is it rather short to stay in London for one day? Of course, QF cannot beat SQ in terms of their inflight services. And SQ is almost always punctual, so overall SQ wins. I will try to Avoid the Q if I have a choice, had bad experiences with them (and I repeat I did have bad experiences with them). I will rather fly with BA, if there's an option.

I like the UK too much that I need to stay there for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
      I will rather fly with BA, if there's an option.
      With the recent cut backs in catering - I'm not so sure about that. However BA does have an edge in having an actual flat bed in J and a premium economy section which is pretty good value on flights under 10 hours. The QF skybed is very comfy to lounge in but I'm quite particular about having a completely flat surface to sleep on. Hence when flying the Roo route I've always tried to book daylight segments on QF, but night segments on BA since QF/BA fares are combinable.

The UK's pretty cool - but alas I've only been to London and Edinburgh so far. Where in the UK have you visited?
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        The UK's pretty cool - but alas I've only been to London and Edinburgh so far. Where in the UK have you visited?
        London, Bath, Cambridge, Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, Windsor. That's all I can recall, I think I visited more towns and cities. I was small then, so can't really remember. Had it not been for the poor weather, I would have been to Stonehedge and Scotland if it there was enough time.

I didn't really like BA many years ago, but I believe things have became better in recent years. The last time I sat BA was in the late 1990s, after that I started to fly SQ.

Comment

London, Bath, Cambridge, Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, Windsor.
          Oops sorry for going OT...
          That's one of the prettiest towns I've ever visited, along with Oxford.

Here's a pic of me at Stratford upon Avon:

(In the background was a busker singing 'Basket Case' by Green Day - which made a rather bemusing contrast with the surrounds )

(apologies to Lobster and other natives of the aforementioned towns for forgetting to mention them in my previous post...)
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Playing Green Day in a pretty old English town of Stratford-upon-Avon? That is just weird, play Beatles or some Jazz music... I remember having lots of nice experience during my three visits to the UK years back. I really love the Tube a lot, and I watch some Tube videos on YouTube to bring back the nostalgia. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
              Nickbot : Yes, the Newcastle brown ale was pretty bad, I couldn't finish even half of it.
              Uuurrgh, just the thought of the stuff turns my stomach

Originally posted by upright man
              Dedicated to two big Krug fans : Nickbot and CGK !
              ...would much prefer a glass of Krug! Thanks for attributing the duty-free champagne pic to me,...first we have the fumitani pillow hugging shot, now we have the nickbot champagne bottle shot

Originally posted by upright man
              I realise how disjointed and poor quality this, my first, TR is. Long way to go to reach the Nickbot standard !
              You're too kind mate - loving your trip report,...any more pics? Sorry again we missed you, but I was on important SQTalk business
              Last edited by nickbot; 17 June 2007, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
                I spent some time admiring the duty free champagnes too, and took this replica of a classic Nickbot shot :

Dedicated to two big Krug fans : Nickbot and CGK !
                Thanks!

I like the UK too much that I need to stay there for a week.
                You are a rich one after all! UK in one week is too expensive for some of us!

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                  LHR T4 : There are 2 locations for the BA lounges. The one near Gate1 is better and there's a quieter area upstairs.
                  IMO the T4 Gate 1 Terraces lounge (with bacon butties for breakfast ) is better than the T4 FIRST lounge (no view, small and full of OW emeralds).

Originally posted by KeithMEL
                  That's one of the prettiest towns I've ever visited, along with Oxford.
                  Surely not! I've been to Oxford only once and to Cambridge a few more times and the latter is (again) IMO much nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    Surely not! I've been to Oxford only once and to Cambridge a few more times and the latter is (again) IMO much nicer.
                    I have the same bias (my friend in SIN will kill me for that comment ).
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I haven't been to Cambridge.
                      Did I just strike a raw nerve there?

Comment

Yeah, I would have loved to stay longer in London.
                        But I was already away from my family for 3 nights (both flights were overnight), plus my business there was done, and I would've had to fork out (lots of) my own money to extend my stay, and there is always next time, right ?

UMD : share with us whether you decide to switch from QFF to BAEC ?

WSSS : Watch London Underground videos on Youtube ? Wow. I'm afraid that in this visit I found the Tube to be getting more crowded and old compared to several years ago. But the city route/station network is still fantastic.
                        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post

Even as someone who lived in Oxford for 15 years I have to say if I was a tourist and had to go to one I would go to Cambridge. It is much smaller and less crowded.

Comment

Working...
                          X