Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Min. Criteria for Amenity Kit

hi Everyone,
    dont really know where to post this on, and decided to try it here. i'm wondering whether all airlines have the same set of criteria for issuing amenity kits? ie. SQ issues for 7 hrs or overnight, but EK only issues for overnight flights

after sampling some amenity kits, eg. SQ F, EK J, i realise that all other considerations aside, i may want to factor in the state of the amenity kit in choosing some flights. eg. between SQ J and EK J, i may choose EK given the neater amenity kit. thanks in advance

amenity kit has never factored in at all... you get ferragamo on SQ, but everything is absolutely garbage besides the cologne. i do like the la prairie eye serum on swiss first. as far as comparing SQ J and EK J... there is really no comparison, considering SQ does not offer amenity in J, unless you consider socks, eye shades and toothbrush an amenity kit.

Comment

i shd have been clearer - i have thus far decided on flights based on schedules, and will prob continue to do that. But - as i said, all other considerations aside, i may want to choose an airline based on the amenity kits dished out. for eg. in a J flight to DXB, i'll choose EK over SQ since EK's J kit is really much more attractive.

and hence my qn: do all airlines have the same criteria for kits? min 7 hr and overnight flights?

Comment

AFAIK the US-based carriers issue amenity kits to F and J/C passengers on all TATL and TPAC flights, including the daytime flights. Slippers are more variable and most likely to be distributed on TPAC with socks on TATL. I've seen a few experiments with a la carte amenity items without the container distributed from a cart, but these innovations/enhancements haven't lasted long.

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
          I've seen a few experiments with a la carte amenity items without the container distributed from a cart, but these innovations/enhancements haven't lasted long.
          NH does this in F (I don't know about J - I've never flown that longhaul on NH) - they give you a washbag and to fill it up, then offer you a wide range of items from baskets for you to choose from. Incidentally, that washbag is the best I've come across from airlines - tough and practical - and I use it when travelling.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            (I don't know about J - I've never flown that longhaul on NH)
            Slippers, eye-shades and ear plugs are in a pouch when you get to your seat. You'll find the other stuff you want in the washroom.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              Slippers, eye-shades and ear plugs are in a pouch when you get to your seat. You'll find the other stuff you want in the washroom.
              Plus PJ's (kimono style, top only), if you want it you can request it to the FA....

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                Plus PJ's (kimono style, top only), if you want it you can request it to the FA....
                That's right.... forgot about that. In any case, NH cabins are always warm so never needed another layer of clothing....

Comment

Working...
                X