SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    I believe the original reason for using the regional variant was to provide more J seats in the hope that there would be a demand for them between CBR and WLG. Clearly there wasn't though.
    I see your point. However, what I’m noting is that SQ has never operated its 77E variant (the SVs) to WLG. Many other 772R routes often see the 77E used as a substitute, but not the WLG route. If they wanted more J seats, they could use the A330 also.

I’ve always found it odd that they chose the 772R and I’m suspecting it could be for operating weight related reasons which even the A333s can’t meet.

Expanding a little on that, it could even be the reason that SQ is keeping their old 772Rs longer (whilst scrapping the 77Es)

The A350 can’t land at WLG.

Comment

• Although the runway in WLG is shorter, but other variants of the 772s and even 773 should be able to land including the A330. As for take-off, SIA does not operate direct flights from WLG to SIN, and hence the aircrafts do not carry a full load of fuel for 8 hours but much less and then refuel at destination airport before flying to SIN.
      Last edited by flyguy; 2 September 2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
        I see your point. However, what I’m noting is that SQ has never operated its 77E variant (the SVs) to WLG. Many other 772R routes often see the 77E used as a substitute, but not the WLG route.
        I understand that the 77E did substituted at least once when the 772R had tech issues during departure from SIN.
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Just curious, is there any 777-300ER that does not have PE?
          visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            Just curious, is there any 777-300ER that does not have PE?
            For now, only SWI & SWT have not be refurbished yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              For now, only SWI & SWT have not be refurbished yet.
              I wonder which B777 will get the hand me down Y seat from SWI & SWT?

The potential recipients are:
              B777-200: SQL, SRO, SRP, SRQ
              B777-200ER: SVJ, SVM, SVN
              B777-300: SYF, SYL

There is a massive retirement of B77-200ER planned for the current FY2018/2019 and looking at the configuration of SWI and SWT with 228Y, the B777-200ER fleets with 245Y configuration will probably be ruled out as the potential candidate for refurbishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                I wonder which B777 will get the hand me down Y seat from SWI & SWT?

The potential recipients are:
                B777-200: SQL, SRO, SRP, SRQ
                B777-200ER: SVJ, SVM, SVN
                B777-300: SYF, SYL

There is a massive retirement of B77-200ER planned for the current FY2018/2019 and looking at the configuration of SWI and SWT with 228Y, the B777-200ER fleets with 245Y configuration will probably be ruled out as the potential candidate for refurbishment.
                The 777-200ERs are out of the question since SVJ, SVM and SVN will be retired before the financial year ends...

SQ may decide to put the 2006Y hand-me-downs to the remainder of the 773 fleet since these will be kept for quite some time, and to harmonize with their other 3 773s already with the 2006Y.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                  The 777-200ERs are out of the question since SVJ, SVM and SVN will be retired before the financial year ends...

SQ may decide to put the 2006Y hand-me-downs to the remainder of the 773 fleet since these will be kept for quite some time, and to harmonize with their other 3 773s already with the 2006Y.
                  i doubt they will be putting the 2006Y from SWI/S/T in any of the older 773s.

There were 16x 77Ws which had those seats coming off long ago... if they planned to do so, they didnt need to wait for the stuff from SWI/S/T. They only fitted the 2006Y in 10 x old 777s. There are 6 sets still lying around somewhere. Make that 7, if SQK's comes out also.

in fact, more likely I'm sure those unrefitted 777s will be withdrawn in the next FY. can't see any use for them once the regional A350s and more 78Js come on board. 3x 773s provide enough first class seats for the regional routes.

Comment

i doubt they will be putting the 2006Y from SWI/S/T in any of the older 773s.

There were 16x 77Ws which had those seats coming off long ago... if they planned to do so, they didnt need to wait for the stuff from SWI/S/T. They only fitted the 2006Y in 10 x old 777s. There are 6 sets still lying around somewhere. Make that 7, if SQK's comes out also.

in fact, more likely I'm sure those unrefitted 777s will be withdrawn in the next FY. can't see any use for them once the regional A350s and more 78Js come on board. 3x 773s provide enough first class seats for the regional routes.
                    But a few months ago they also refitted SYJ, thus making it the third 773 to have the 2006 77W Y seats. Thus we are left with SYF and SYL, which still have the older seats. Are any 773 leaving at the end of the FY?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      But a few months ago they also refitted SYJ, thus making it the third 773 to have the 2006 77W Y seats. Thus we are left with SYF and SYL, which still have the older seats. Are any 773 leaving at the end of the FY?
                      nope, but if they really wanted to, they would have fitted SYF and SYL earlier. especially since SYF will be 18 years old next year, the oldest of the 773s. at most maybe SYL will get the upgrade.

no 773s slated for retirement this FY, but im pretty sure we'll see at least SYF out in FY 2019/20

Comment

nope, but if they really wanted to, they would have fitted SYF and SYL earlier. especially since SYF will be 18 years old next year, the oldest of the 773s. at most maybe SYL will get the upgrade.

no 773s slated for retirement this FY, but im pretty sure we'll see at least SYF out in FY 2019/20
                        Then they might take the opportunity to at least retrofit one of them. But who knows.

Comment

• Speaking of B773s, SQ826/827 (the redeye flight to PVG) has gotten a 77WR on Mondays and Fridays (one of the weeks it got on a Sunday also). I wonder if it's a sign of things to possibly come, that it may also get a daily 77WR once the rest of the 77W fleet get retrofitted.

Comment

• Delete post

Comment

• What's the status of withdrawn 9V-SVG? It completed a test flight a while ago and hasn't flown since.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOEING777EK View Post
                                What's the status of withdrawn 9V-SVG? It completed a test flight a while ago and hasn't flown since.
                                I believe it could be leased to Air NZ? NZ is leasing 1 more ex-SQ B772ER in Oct to cover the B789 engine issues downtime.
                                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                                X