Asia's 50 Best Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asia's 50 Best Bars

I've only been to a couple on this list, but getting some valuable opinions on here sounded like a good idea.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/karlaali.../#5c6ab4846f47
    HUGE AL

Only been to a couple on the list as well.
    I thought Bamboo Bar at MO BKK was alright, wide drinks list but the place is small dead ambience.
    Surprised to see Hyde and Seek make the list. They've got a big cocktail menu with a few I've wanted to try but I'm not in a rush to go back - place was pretty quiet on a Friday night. Pretty forgettable.
    Keen to try Omakese in KL, heard great things.
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Wow, there are people that have been to every bar in Asia, thus enabling them to be able to decide which is best.

Comment

What nonsense. The best Asian bars don't make mainstream list..... They're way more exotic...

Comment

Honest title for this list: "50 Richest and Most Publicized Bars in Asia".

Comment

Strangely enough I was in what Forbes declared is the 'best bar in the world' yesterday....

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Strangely enough I was in what Forbes declared is the 'best bar in the world' yesterday....
              Is this the list you are referring to?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/karlaali.../#3259730be887

The distribution of cities represented on this list boggles the mind.

While it might be feasible to come up with a list of 10 best bars in any given city, to try and come up with 50 for the whole world is just hype.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Wow, there are people that have been to every bar in Asia, thus enabling them to be able to decide which is best.
              Following this line of reasoning, there are folks (and perhaps an intern or two) at Forbes who have managed to visit and rank every bar in the world. Where can I apply for this position?

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                Is this the list you are referring to?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/karlaali.../#3259730be887
                That's the one. I was in Artesian.

While it might be feasible to come up with a list of 10 best bars in any given city, to try and come up with 50 for the whole world is just hype.
                Utter bollox I think is a better description. Just like all 'Best in the world' awards, whatever they are for.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  What nonsense. The best Asian bars don't make mainstream list..... They're way more exotic...
                  Have you even made it to the bars with us??? LOL

I think we should come up with our own list (although…I'm pretty sure some of us will withhold to prevent "overcrowding" )
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                  X