The SQTalk Luggage Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
    Not this one. The one I saw was upright.
    It's the same case I think ? Like this:

http://www.thisnext.com/item/19307C7...-Overnight-Bag

Comment

• i just like the 22" from a style standpoint (cue "you're so vain"). i feel the 22" is a guy's bag... when i was trying out the 20" models, they all looked so dainty when rolling them behind me (and i am not a tall person at all). but those who know me would probably say that i go for fashion over function.

Comment

• taipeiflyer, you're so vain!

Was it on here or elsewhere ? I remember reading someone saying that he prefers the 22" because it can hold a coat hanger whilst the 20" can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
          taipeiflyer, you're so vain!

Was it on here or elsewhere ? I remember reading someone saying that he prefers the 22" because it can hold a coat hanger whilst the 20" can't.
          i never said this, but this is definitely true!!! i have always liked that about 22" tumis

Comment

• Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
            i never said this, but this is definitely true!!! i have always liked that about 22" tumis
            Sir, I hardly think you need a coat hanger in your luggage to make you look dapper.

Dammit, now you have Carly Simon singing in my head.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              Sir, I hardly think you need a coat hanger in your luggage to make you look dapper.

Dammit, now you have Carly Simon singing in my head.
              i have had the song stuck in my head for the past 24 hours... i rented a car in oklahoma city, and my choices with respect to music were the hezekiah walker love fellowship choir on KGOD, hank williams sings about how depressing your life is on KHCK, and carly simon and other lite rock. i chose carly simon. but i honestly felt like tom cruise in jerry maguire when he is singing "free fallin" in the car in texas... before he finds that station, he is flipping the dial and his options were as limited as mine.

Comment

• Kyo+, that's QUITE the response there. N_Architect, you sure are getting the God-Like Luggage CS!

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                Downside is, it costs 7 x my Tumi LXT.
                Hmmm...now which Tumi price point are you referring to?

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                Good sport.
                ABSOLUTELY! I'm the first to admit fault...ESPECIALLY when it goes against my own ethos.

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                I got back from my recent trip to find that the built-in TSA lock on my Rimowa Salsa seems to be broken. Its a squeeze design (holding two zippers) and one side is broken so that it can always be opened regardless of the combination number set.

It's a nuisance but I can get a separate padlock to hold the two zippers together, e.g. £10 for 2 TSA padlocks with an indicator to show when they've been opened.

I was just wondering whether all such padlocks are the same or whether some brands are recommended over others ?
                In the USA, I know most people trust Master Locks:

http://www.masterlocktsa.com/apps/ts...6901&pid=27536

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                ...i have always liked that about 22" tumis
                FLASHY. I rest my case!

The one MAJOR point that differentiates Briggs from Tumi is that the telescopic handle is OUTSIDE the Briggs bag and inside the Tumi -- thus, there is much more room in the Briggs.

And don't even get me started on the warranty...
                Last edited by HUGE AL; 3 April 2009, 05:14 AM.
                HUGE AL

Comment

• Wow! I suppose we can designate Kyo as the SBL Guru

Comment

• But who is the Tumi guru?

*runs and hides*

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                      Hmmm...now which Tumi price point are you referring to?
                      The unfriendly price point.

Comment

• Ligghtweight Tumi

For those who want a lighter roll-a-board:

http://intl.tumi.com/alpha/lightweig...onal-carry-on/

Looks rather flimsy compare to the current.

Comment

• Still not very light on the wallet, though, is it?

Comment

• I thought they hired someone famous to revamp the product lines?
                            This looks like the design came with compliments of the low-quality factory it is produced in.

Comment

• I agree. Many of Tumi's recent introductions have left me either yawning or shaking my head.

Comment

• Yes I was very unimpressed when I looked into a Tumi shop in the US last week. Just the most boring designs.

Comment

Working...
                                X