Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Status Extensions Due To Coronavirus Outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Status Extensions Due To Coronavirus Outbreak

It seems some Krisflyer Elite Gold members whose membership expire this month receive below notifications from SQ : -

Thank you for your support of Singapore Airlines over the years.

In view of the COVID-19 situation, we will be renewing your Elite Gold status for another membership year. The new membership year will start from 28 February 2020.

If you have successfully accrued sufficient Elite miles before 28 February 2020, your membership will be automatically renewed for another year.

The new membership validity period will be reflected in your digital card on the SingaporeAir mobile app after 1 March 2020. Your membership kit, including your membership card with the new validity period, will take approximately 8-10 weeks after your status renewal on 1 March 2020 to reach you, due to a disruption in our card production supply chain.

In the interim, you can still enjoy your membership benefits using your digital card. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Once again, we thank you for your support and hope you will enjoy your Elite Gold privileges in the year ahead.

Yours Sincerely, KrisFlyer Membership Services
    Unquote

https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/02/20/...irus-outbreak/

Interesting and a good gesture. Most of this travel restriction I expect Mar 1 onwards so if status is attained by Feb 29th, they should extend through Feb 2022

Comment

I don’t get it, does it mean that they’re extending the KFEG statuses for those whose memberships expire in Feb EVEN IF they haven’t accrued enough elite miles?

My membership expires end April. Ordinarily I’d be travelling plenty in Feb/mar and will earn the required 50k. But obviously travel has been affected and I’m stuck at 30k elite miles now. Doesn’t look possible to travel as planned before KFEG expires. So I’m wondering if the goodwill extension for another year will be offered 😂

Comment

Just received email from SQ that I have been given KFEG.

Previously was silver when I didn't manage to retain KFEG status when I missed the renewal mileage by about 12k miles.

Comment

Just received email from SQ CEO that PPS and Solitaire are extended an additional year.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...20renewal-pps/

Comment

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
            Just received email from SQ CEO that PPS and Solitaire are extended an additional year.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...20renewal-pps/
            I got that same email. But has anyone actually had their status expiry updated from 2021 to 2022? Mine still says it expires 02/2021

Comment

Originally posted by Chucksta View Post
              I got that same email. But has anyone actually had their status expiry updated from 2021 to 2022? Mine still says it expires 02/2021
              Think this is covered in point 4, table 1?

Current membership expiry month: Feb 2021
              New membership cycle will be reflected in the SingaporeAir mobile app digital card by: 8 March 2021

Comment

SIA has improved its Reserve Value adjustment for PPS Club members.

Instead of getting a top-up to the renewal threshold, you'll now get 25,000 or 50,000 Reserve Value on top of whatever you have accrued, meaning if a PPS Club member has already got 25,000 value from flying, that amount will be carried over into the next membership year.

By default that means those who already qualified for renewal this year will have a two-year extension.

Membership Renewal and PPS Rewards Extension

Comment

Thanks for posting this Mainly Miles. I noticed this in my account as my year just ended and was looking for some official announcement from SQ.

Quite generous all things considered.

Comment

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...2020renewal-kf

Membership Renewal, Elite Gold Rewards and KrisFlyer Miles Extension

In view of the Covid-19 outbreak, we understand there will be uncertainty in our members’ travel plans in the months ahead.

In appreciation for our members’ loyalty, we will be:
                    • Renewing KrisFlyer Elite Silver and Gold membership for one membership year for tier renewal cycle from March 2020 through to February 2021.
                    • Extending Elite Gold Rewards that will be expiring between July and December 2020 to be valid till 31 March 2021.
                    • Extending KrisFlyer miles that will be expiring between April and December 2020 by six months.
                    • Providing renewal support for tier renewal cycle from March 2021 to February 2022 [NEW]
                    • Offering PPS Club members additional ways to earn Elite miles on the ground (available till 15 October 2020) [NEW]

We hope the above measures will offer you more flexibility in planning your upcoming travels with us. We wish you good health, and we look forward to welcoming you on board our flights again.

Comment

Who would have thought the day would arrive when you could earn PPSV on the ground!.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        Who would have thought the day would arrive when you could earn PPSV on the ground!.
                        Oct 2020 is pretty short timeframe though so it’s not that big of deal especially when most earn PPS$ on company dime

Comment

Latest on PPS Rewards:

Dear Mr MAN Flyer,

We hope you and your loved ones are keeping well.

Extension of Your Expiring PPS Rewards to December 2021
                          On 1 April 2020, we shared that the validity of any expiring PPS Rewards will be extended until 31 March 2021.

As it remains unclear when global air travel restrictions will ease, and to thank you for your support of Singapore Airlines, we will extend the validity period of your expiring PPS Rewards until 31 December 2021. This will apply to PPS Rewards expiring up until September 2021, including Rewards that were previously extended.

For example, a PPS Reward expiring in October 2020 or July 2021 will now be valid until 31 December 2021 after the extension.

The extended validity of your eligible PPS Rewards will be reflected in your account progressively before your Rewards expire, by 31 December 2020. Please log in here to view if you have PPS Rewards. For more information, please click here.

We hope the extension will offer you more flexibility and confidence to plan your upcoming travels with us. We wish you good health, and we look forward to welcoming you onboard our flights again.

Yours Sincerely,
                          KrisFlyer Membership Services

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            They've just sent a reminder about this....

Originally posted by alian View Post
                            Oct 2020 is pretty short timeframe though so it’s not that big of deal especially when most earn PPS$ on company dime
                            Fair point, but it's still something I never thought I would see!

Comment

My KFEG status expires in April 21, 2021 and by the looks of the work Covid-19 & vaccination situation, I do not think I will be able to maintain KFEG. I hope that SQ will consider allowing the use of KF Miles as payment to maintain KFEG status.

Comment

Working...
                              X