Pre-select your Inflight Meal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alian View Post
    Yup its excellent in my opinion. I'd reckon just as good from Japan. But do note if you have a night which is a sleeper service (e.g. SQ635) its a reduce meal and instead of a 2 set Bento meal it is 1 only (reduced meal)
    I do agree. It works well as an airplane meal unlike some dishes that taste good on the ground but disappoint in the air. Wish you can order the sake ahead too...hahaha... I had that run out once.

Oh yes... be a bit careful of the sleeper service. One less bento!

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
      You can only choose from the unimaginative in-flight menu and BTC Breakfast options which are your usual eggs and what-not.
      I used to be able to order a Lobster Thermidor for breakfast.

I noticed the change on a recent flight to RGN in Business Class. When I saw that I couldn't select the other options online, I called to ask if they could help me place my order but they told me that I could strictly only choose from the breakfast selection.
      concept|infinit - if your flight includes a supper service, you can order your lobster and request that they serve it to you for breakfast. For supper - provided they have enough, they may offer you one of the on-board meals.

Beware though - your lobster may not taste very good by then.

If your flight only has breakfast served.... well, too bad. But I find their Nasi Lemak and Bryani fairly decent, if you like local dishes.

Comment

I've just booked some J class tickets out of BNE and SIN, but the options to select/change meal are greyed out when I'm on the manage booking.

Perhaps this is because the fights are not until Jan 2020?

Presume it's not because there's an infant on the booking, nor because it's a redemption booking, nor because in one of the two bookings, it's a VA ticketed redemption.

Can anybody confirm why this is the case, and if so when I will be able to select either BTC or from the inflight menu?

Comment

Originally posted by thelongroad View Post
          I've just booked some J class tickets out of BNE and SIN, but the options to select/change meal are greyed out when I'm on the manage booking.

Perhaps this is because the fights are not until Jan 2020?
          Meal selection online is now only available 4 months before the flight.
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Yes - that is for BTC.

Inflight menu will come on much nearer the flight date (about 6 weeks or so) and you can then select that if you prefer it to BTC.

Comment

Working...
            X