Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Check & Lounges in Changi

Hi All,

I will be travelling with SQ from FRA to KUL next week, and then on the way back have a stop over for a few days in SIN to see the city.

I have only transisted in SIN a couple of times before and only once with SQ and it was over 18 months ago so I thought I would check a couple of things.

I am correct in thinking that there is a security check (2nd check?) right at the gate? So this means that I can't buy water to take onto the flight?

Also, I have * A Gold but if I recall correctly I am not allowed in the SQ lounge but have to go to another one. Is this correct? And why? No other * A airlines does this.

Thanks for the info

No water allowed still due to LAGs. You can bring an empty bottle up the plane and ask the FA to filled it up for you though.
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

There is only one security check at Changi, at the gate.

As *A Gold you can use SQ's Krisflyer Gold Lounge in T3 or the SATS Premier Lounge in T2. If you are in J you can use the SKL's, which are nothing to get excited about anyway.

Comment

If you go landside you may or may not encounter the 2nd check. If you're transiting but staying airside, there's only one at the gate. If you come in from certain destinations like BKK, CGK and MNL, you may get a check upon arrival at Changi immediately after you deplane, which should not be the case for FRA-SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
          No water allowed still due to LAGs. You can bring an empty bottle up the plane and ask the FA to filled it up for you though.
          Yes, thats what I was thinking of doing. A bit of a hassle though.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Comment

Water coolers are installed inside most GHRs. U may top up water after going thru the screening process..
            A380 - European Pride!

Comment

Working...
            X