A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boing View Post
    Just read that the A350ULR comes with its forward cargo hold deactivated. With belly cargo considered an important component in improving the yield of a flight, this sure sounds like a downer.
    Do you have a link for it?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      Do you have a link for it?
      https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...t-hold-449495/
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• SQ A350 Production Update

All 7 A350-900 ULR are now in various stages of production in the Final Assembly Line (FAL) or undergoing production testing.

9V-SGE (1st A350-900 ULR) is painted and has completed 13 test flights. Delivery is scheduled for Oct 2018.

9V-SGA is fully assembled and awaiting her First Flight. Delivery is scheduled in Aug 2018.

9V-SGB and 9V-SGC are both undergoing Cabin Fit and Engine installation.

9V-SGD is in Station 30 of the FAL.

9V-SGF is in Station 40 of the FAL.

9V-SGG is in Station 50 of the FAL undergoing Fuselage join.

The 1st A350-900 Regional has also entered the FAL and is in Station 50 undergoing Fuselage join.

At the current rate of production, all 7 ULR will be delivered by December together with the 1st A350-900 Regional.

Comment

• I am very concerned whether SQ has enough long haul A350-900s for future expansion.
          Currently all A350-900s have been deployed and there's no spare left, even if there's spare we can only afford to take away the Brisbane A359s for 1 extra European route.
          Meanwhile, Cathay Pacific has been aggressively expanding in Hong Kong with BRU, DUB, MAD, and possibly LIS and EDI.
          So may I ask has SQ abandoned its European market?
          Also how about American market? Wouldn't A359 allow routes such as YVR or SEA to be launched?

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
            I am very concerned whether SQ has enough long haul A350-900s for future expansion.
            Currently all A350-900s have been deployed and there's no spare left, even if there's spare we can only afford to take away the Brisbane A359s for 1 extra European route.
            Meanwhile, Cathay Pacific has been aggressively expanding in Hong Kong with BRU, DUB, MAD, and possibly LIS and EDI.
            So may I ask has SQ abandoned its European market?
            Also how about American market? Wouldn't A359 allow routes such as YVR or SEA to be launched?
            I believe that once the regional A350s arrive they will free some long-haul A350s used on some short- and medium-haul flights (say BNE, CGK and HKG). This will in turn allow SQ to launch a few more LH destinations with the A350, but that’s just it until the 777-9s arrive in 2021.

Of course SQ hasn’t abandoned their European market...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
              I believe that once the regional A350s arrive they will free some long-haul A350s used on some short- and medium-haul flights (say BNE, CGK and HKG). This will in turn allow SQ to launch a few more LH destinations with the A350, but that’s just it until the 777-9s arrive in 2021.

Of course SQ hasn’t abandoned their European market...
              I believe some of the short-haul to medium-haul flights like CGK and HKG may continue on the long haul birds as they are scheduled in between the long haul routes.

Which are the routes which will see A350 regional? The A350 regional will seat less passengers than B78J?

Comment

• Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                I believe some of the short-haul to medium-haul flights like CGK and HKG may continue on the long haul birds as they are scheduled in between the long haul routes.

Which are the routes which will see A350 regional? The A350 regional will seat less passengers than B78J?
                According to an SQTalk post from another thread, the regional A350 will seat 303 passengers - 40 in Business and 263 in Economy: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=444

Since the 787-10s are almost purely replacing the A330 due to similar business class proportions, SQ going with the 40/263 config would represent a capacity increase over aging 777-200s, while still retaining a similar proportion of business class seats (the 772 at 14.2%, and the rumored regional A359 at 13.2%). With this the regional A350 will be most suited to replace existing 772s, and will therefore serve current 777-200 routes.

Comment

Yes, you're correct that many of the current A359 regional flights are filling gaps, including MEL and HKG.

If they converted the 3 A359 flights to BNE over to regional configuration, that would allow them to develop 2 new long hauls. We know at least one of the 21 long hauls must be freed up to take over CHC. I wonder how well PEY has been doing on the BNE route, as they would lose it if they change to the A359 regional.

Comment

• These are the confirm registration for SIA A359ULR. They are 9V-SGA to SGG.
                    For A359 regional or what SIA is calling them A359MH (medium haul), they are
                    9V-SHA to SHH. These are confirm aircraft deliveries till June 2019 as from what i see as SIA just renewed their Yearly insurance papers valid till June 2019 which have the list of aircraft they are operating till June 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                      Atlanta seems highly unlikely given it would be the longest stage length with little on the other side except a large Delta hub. SFO, NYC and LAX have the largest and most premium O&D to SIN. With these 3 covered, I think SQ will now look into partner hubs. The question becomes do they see UA as a potential partner, and therefore leverage ORD? Or will they look to Alaska at SEA or JetBlue in Boston? Maybe none of these are even being considered... the third destination is anyone’s guess.

I personally think SEA would make sense given the large presence Microsoft, Boeing, Tableau, Amazon, etc have in Singapore. If they can reach an agreement with UA, ORD would be a great hub to connect SIN to the Midwest USA.
                      This week announcement of United dropping LAX-SIN route and doubling SFO-SIN frequency to double daily seem to change a lot of the dynamics in the routes for SQ A359ULR and North America route strategy.

These latest changes from United appear to call for some settling of the dust and we foresee the non-stop A350 SIA services from Singapore to San Francisco ending later this year in light of this news.
                      Source: https://mainlymiles.com/2018/06/30/u...san-francisco/
                      What’s the insights that MainlyMiles predicting the end of SQ non-stop SIN-SFO service? Will SQ return to 2 non-stop SIN-SFO flights (reinstating ICN-SFO)?

Which third destination will the ULR fly to? Or will SQ “copy” UA strategy and offer twice daily non-stop SIN-EWR or SIN-LAX service?

Comment

What’s the insights that MainlyMiles predicting the end of SQ non-stop SIN-SFO service? Will SQ return to 2 non-stop SIN-SFO flights (reinstating ICN-SFO)?
                        Unless UA and SQ have a partnership in the works, I can't see SQ dropping their SIN-SFO service. The entire purpose of ordering seven ULR's is to develop more nonstop connections to North America.

I recall reading a CAPA report which was skeptical of SQ and UA both being able to coexist on SIN-SFO. However, the market has thus far proved them wrong. Perhaps three non-stops isn't all that farfetched given the strong hubs at both ends (unlike at LAX).

Comment

• The only way to compete with non-stops is with non-stops. For SQ to go back to 2x one-stops would be rather defeatist. UA can't have made this decision predicated upon SQ pulling what has been a success for SQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            The only way to compete with non-stops is with non-stops. For SQ to go back to 2x one-stops would be rather defeatist. UA can't have made this decision predicated upon SQ pulling what has been a success for SQ.
                            I agree with you on this.

What will be interesting is to see how it all pans out with the ULRs coming into operation. I believe SQ will announce a number of changes to the US network in the next few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              I agree with you on this.

What will be interesting is to see how it all pans out with the ULRs coming into operation. I believe SQ will announce a number of changes to the US network in the next few weeks.
                              Blueswan daily has an interesting analysis of the SQ and UA jockeying in the US-Singapore market. It speculates that SQ will do between 10 and 12 weekly frequency on SIN-LAX non-stop using the ULR and add less than daily second non-stop SIN-SFO using the ULR during the peak business days.

Link: https://blueswandaily.com/as-united-...lines-respond/

Comment

Blueswan daily has an interesting analysis of the SQ and UA jockeying in the US-Singapore market. It speculates that SQ will do between 10 and 12 weekly frequency on SIN-LAX non-stop using the ULR and add less than daily second non-stop SIN-SFO using the ULR during the peak business days.

Link: https://blueswandaily.com/as-united-...lines-respond/
                                Thanks for the link.
                                I've no doubt the US network changes coming up will be interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X