Gym at Changi - has anyone been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym at Changi - has anyone been?

So I'm thinking of trying the gym at Changi. Has anyone been there? I googled but found very little to no information, just a picture ( http://www.harilelahospitality.com/services_gym.html ). Are there any weights (and do they go up to a respectable amount of weight?) or just your typical cardio machines?

There are free weights - can't recall up to which weight but I think not very heavy because I recall I did high reps only here.

There is also a multi machine for pulldowns, rows, etc.

No rack for bench press or squat rack.
    Neither are there barbells.

Ther are a 1 or 2 cross trainers, 1 or 2 cycle and 1 or 2 treadmill.

It's small and it is not for bodybuilding.
    But good enough to burn off some calories.
    I don't use them often. To me, being on the road is an excuse to skip the gym

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
      There are free weights - can't recall up to which weight but I think not very heavy because I recall I did high reps only here.

There is also a multi machine for pulldowns, rows, etc.

No rack for bench press or squat rack.
      Neither are there barbells.

Ther are a 1 or 2 cross trainers, 1 or 2 cycle and 1 or 2 treadmill.

It's small and it is not for bodybuilding.
      But good enough to burn off some calories.
      Thanks, SQueeze! Shame about the free weights - but I guess there simply isn't demand for heavy free weights. Are the showers any good? Private showers or one big communal shower area?

I don't use them often. To me, being on the road is an excuse to skip the gym
      Funny you mention that.. I'm exactly the opposite. I always travel with my gym gear and pre-workout product .
      Last edited by FlyingDan; 15 May 2012, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Private shower in the lounge's main toilet - just like in Silverkris Lounges and TPR

Btw, in T2, the gym is attached to a lounge.
        Not sure about T1 and T3.

All the info I shared above is for T2.

I do bring my gym gear to trips too, but I don't use it very often. hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
          Private shower in the lounge's main toilet - just like in Silverkris Lounges and TPR

Btw, in T2, the gym is attached to a lounge.
          Not sure about T1 and T3.

All the info I shared above is for T2.

I do bring my gym gear to trips too, but I don't use it very often. hahaha
          Let's see if going to the gym prior to my flight can finally make me sleep onboard, bloody bed isn't large enough even in F/R. Usually after I work out and reach home I can KO for a while

Comment

Working...
          X