A380 Seating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 Seating

There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

There is a row 13 in business class? Always thought that SQ was superstitious.

Comment

A380 Seating

Given the announcement of scheduled flights commencing next month, just did a dummy booking on SQ and it appears the A380 is going to initially be doing the SQ221/SQ220 run leaving SIN at 2035 arr SYD 0710 and returning 0850 arriving SIN 1345.

There is also an Aircraft Seat Configuration Plan available which gives an idea of the massive proportions of this beast, in particular the upper deck configuration.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/Util...pmentName=A380

Any idea what row F and K are on the J Upper Deck could they be suites?. Otherwise, I'm sure one of you on the charity flight will get the chance to have a look. I also noticed that the choice of class on the booking enquiry comes up with Economy, Business, First or Suites. Although I very much doubt I'll ever get the chance to fly F or J, does anyone know if Y seats on the A380 are the same as the 77W.

Comment

So is that some kind of hang out area at the back of upper deck? MY booking for jan has updated now to show A380... Have to call to request 71AB it looks like....

Comment

Originally posted by soak01 View Post
          ..... does anyone know if Y seats on the A380 are the same as the 77W.

Hi,

From another forum:
          "....The 471-seat aircraft is divided into three classes: 12 Singapore Airlines Suites on the main deck; 60 Business Class on the upper deck; and 399 Economy Class seats on both decks.

The Business and Economy Class cabin products are modelled on those launched in late 2006 and currently featuring on the Boeing 777-300ER aircraft."
          Last edited by VN_KFG; 12 September 2007, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Wow thanks LukeGT.
            So there is no lounge area etc.?
            Curious about row 13, but row 5 seems to be empty too.

Comment

I'll wait to see the new product unveiled before commenting it. but something suggests me that my expectations could be too high.
              There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
              If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

For us Y travellers, certainly the bulk head or exit rows seem to be the cream of the crop. I know pictures can be deceiving, but these seats certainly seem to have more leg room than the 744 or 777. Also, I guess that inflight access to the Y stairs will also be restriced. I wouldn't think SQ would want too many pax moving between decks during flight, particularly children.

Comment

I suppose one obvious question is why the F / K seats in New Business Class are drawn weirdly?

Comment

Mmm

I think this is not the real configuration. They always says it's secret till delivery. I think they have something special. Not this but something totally unusealy. I can't be fals or wrong. But it's a little bit strange..

Comment

I'm disappointed too. I expected more special things. Like Bars or shops..

Comment

I can't find the quote from Cheong Choong Kong that stated that the A380 would be used to increase seating capacity.

Comment

well if they finally are giving out a seatplan, surely the products must go public!! Come this is just stupid !!
                          I will not book before i know what i paying for!!

Comment

Stupid is an interesting description.

The press release states that the Singapore Airlines Suites which are, A Class Beyond First, will be unveiled on 15 October 2007 at Toulouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramon View Post
                              I'm disappointed too. I expected more special things. Like Bars or shops..
                              Shops ?.

It's an aircraft with 471 seats, what on earth would they need a shop for ?.

Originally posted by dif View Post
                              well if they finally are giving out a seatplan, surely the products must go public!! Come this is just stupid !!
                              I will not book before i know what i paying for!!
                              I'd be interested in clarification about what you are talking about paying for and when ?. We can then probably work out which bit is stupid...

Comment

Working...
                              X